• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
Explorer ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another and another crash.... I capture the crash files but can't find anyone at adobe to respond. This DW program has just gone down hill. I wish they would call Microsoft in to solve these problems. Crash, Crash, Crash, it's gotten to a point where I can't work effectively and without the fear of crashing an losing all my work.

All the technical details of these continual crashing problems are posting in previously posts. So, please don't reply with nonsense solutions and requested for more information that is already included and posted.

This is now my most popular screen shot while working with Dreamweaver. I here anther hour wasted longing into Adobe looking for help. Crashing, recovering, searching for updates, posting these requests for assistance -- "WASTING TIME AND MAKING NO MONEY". Im ready to reload MS FrontPage - At least it was reliable. I write this complaint so harsh because it is absolutely ridiculous that Abode will not make the effort to fix these issues. Please, their response is "what were you do while this error happened". What do do think the log files are for?

If anyone a Abode reads this, Please I want to help.... Just lest me know where I can keep sending the error log (dump) files to. I read all the posts on setting up DW adobe bump files. I probably have over 20 dump files. The last time I spent the time forwarding the files to some Vharis guy's email, they came back rejected.

This is a pain in the ass having to log on to abode every time and begging for help.

Screenshot (36).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply from Nancy O and Murray Summers state that templates should not be used for more than 50 pages. Is this written down somewhere? Nancy's link to SSI is useful but, personally would prefer to let the template handle the non changing page elements rather than hand code "include files" though I can appreciate the logic.

Fortunately most of my sites have less than 50 pages using a template and I have the same experience as Steve and batteryboy1. I am not using the cloud services product but CS5.5. I tried CS6 and it did not eliminate the problem. Dreamweaver 8 rarely crashed. The only change I can readily identify between CS5 and 8 is the changes arising from the then need to stop SQL injection.

I am still concerned that the server side scripts seem to have a part to play in the Crashing. On one of my sites, as I mentioned in previous replies, I develop on a different IP for calling the data and creating tables etc (with few crashes) and copy to another folder for uploading via Dreamweaver to the "live" site. (without problem). I cannot call the data from the "live" IP without a crash or long delay. I also have separate but identically defined  MySQL databases on each of the IPs. 

Perhaps Adobe should take over batterboy1's PC and see for themselves what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

Have posted a reply on the forum, hopefully others can throw more light on it

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix my problems (most of them anyway) by setting up a testing server on my own pc using XAMPP and publishing to that using local file transfer.

Thanks to Paul's suggestion I then use an ftp client to upload those folders to the server.  It is actually quite quick as only the changed files are uploaded.

There is definitely something wrong with the ftp sync function as that was where the majority of my crashes came from.

I haven't had to delete a cache file in a week!  Things are looking up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here we go again. This happened last time.

I took the time to set up the Adobe dump files, forwarded and documented all the essential elements of my IT environment. I even documented and forwarded many situations in which the DW was crashing And yet again, the email were rejected by the Adobe servers.

Can someone at the Adobe Farm please send me the correct email to forward the dump files. This little stuff is so frustrating and time consuming. It is costing us hundreds of dollars in downtime and support assistance for the adobe tech team. Are you telling me that after all this time they can't figure out a simple crashing problem that many people are experiencing continually. Are not the Dump files a record of the crash experience. I wonder if the Boss Man ever reads these complaints. Because if the Big Boss Man saw these easy fix issues someone would be hung out to dry. This is just bad customer service and support of a money making product. this really does hurt the brand.

Anyway, here is the official rejection from Adobe from the email server.

Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON@mx-in1.m1phx1.jivehosted.com>

10:38 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

This is the mail system at host mx-in1.m1phx1.jivehosted.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<jive-1534160817-1d6fo-2-3mtyw@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com>: host

10.166.2.10[10.166.2.10] said: 553

<jive-1534160817-1d6fo-2-3mtyw@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> address

unknown. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; jive-1534160817-1d6fo-2-3mtyw@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Original-Recipient: rfc822;jive-1534160817-1d6fo-2-3mtyw@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; 10.166.2.10

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553

<jive-1534160817-1d6fo-2-3mtyw@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> address

unknown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi batteryboy1,

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience. Can you please send me the crash logs.We will look into it and get back to you.

Thanks

Kusha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver still CRASHING just after a couple hours of use....

And this has been going on since for over a year.

Please with a fix, update or any sort of acknowledgement.

I'm sending another set of error logs to kchopra again.

My PC configuration is the exactly as stated in previous posts.

Please acknowledge receipt of the log files.

Screenshot (43).png

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6471

Application Timestamp: 53046e75

Fault Module Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Fault Module Version: 13.2.0.6471

Fault Module Timestamp: 53046e75

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00042e3f

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a681

Additional Information 2: a681758497384494a7f00f6fa30dcf67

Additional Information 3: e335

Additional Information 4: e3353dda6815536a68faff6eea609977

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try updating to the 2014 release of Dreamweaver CC which is now available for download. Download it directly through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If you aren't able to see the latest update, click Settings (the wheel icon) in the Creative Cloud app, and select Preferences. Click the Account tab and sign out from the Creative Cloud application. Launch the application, and sign in to the application.  You should be able to see the latest update. If you have problems installing the update, please post your query on the Creative Cloud forum (Creative Cloud Download & Install). The experts on this forum are in a better position to guide you.

For the list of new features, see http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but if you read my error reports, you can see the I have the latest version of Dreamweaver.

Is not this the latest version?

Currently running : DW 13.2 Build 6471

And I don't know why you forwarded new feature when we can't even run the current version successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release is actually a full product download which will co-exist with your 13.2 Build 6471.

You can download it directly through the Creative Cloud desktop app, and try to see if you are still encountering the frequent crashes while working in this new DW version? The new version No should show up as 14.0.0.6733

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing so right now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi georgiannagrooters,

Do let us know if it has solved your problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLoud DreamweaverCC download is sheet. I purchase it today and it diden stat, i call helpcenter and they are so inkompetent that they were not abel to help, i erras that sheet and i m going to demand a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

Can you confirm if your product version is showing up as 14.0.0.6733?

Please note that this is a full product version and not a update.

Are you on Mac or on Windows platform?

Thanks,
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know, for the product version i have erras that program and i will demand e refund.

for the platform on mi iMac it s obviously iOX Mac if i want Windows i buy a PC, not a MAC.

Valérie Fassotte

07 Jul 2014 kl. 07:16 skrev ArunKaza <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

created by ArunKaza in Dreamweaver support forum - View the full discussion

Hi Valerie,

Can you confirm if your product version is showing up as 14.0.0.6733?

Please note that this is a full product version and not a update.

Are you on Mac or on Windows platform?

Thanks,

Arun

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6527685#6527685

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Dreamweaver support forum by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

If you are sill having problems, send me your Adobe ID, location, and contact details (email ID, phone number) over a private message. Click my picture and use the message option. We will try our best to get you sorted.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

Can you provide the details requested by Arun? Alternatively, send me your Adobe ID, email ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the message option. We will get in touch with  you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dreamweaver crashed or not responding all the time, upon a single click many times. I have been using Dreamweaver since 1997 version 1 and recent version - especially DW CC 2013 and 2014 simply hangs upon a single click. PLEASE ADOBE FIX THIS MESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel your pain, batteryboy.  i've been up all night - the first half extremely excited about bootstrap elements 3 that truly will solve all my mangled div, article, container issues.. if only dreamweaver would stop freezing.  it's like getting a new toy christmas morning that's dead bc your parents overlooked the tripple As. 

and she won't even do me the courtesy of crashing herself - she makes me force her after 10-15 min of spinning.  i always chose to report and as much as i would love to give adobe some insight on what's going on i already have 2 jobs and no spare time. 

Kusha, if i manage to make my deadline monday and it occurs to me, i will send you what i can.  what i can tell you of my recent goings-on is my computer crashed (macbook pro) a few weeks ago.  disk was recovered and the new Mavericks OS installed and the Adobe Installer did not like it.  had to do some file finagling (honestly don't know what i did; i was in a panic after 5 days without but i read deleting a file somewhere and starting from file in downloads works and it did).  i also downloaded a host of extensions but that doesn't make sense as a problem seeing as how i haven't been able to utilize them. 

i am a huge fan overall of Adobe.  photoshop has been my happy place for a very long time and before the crash DW ran beautfully.  so, i'm thinking its maverick at this juncture. 

that said, i have to loudly resonate the other contributors here and almost every Adobe forum in saying your customer service sucks - Kusha, you seem very astute and are probably very kind, donate to homeless animals, etc. but you aren't support, your a forum discussion miner and mender.  really don't mean to offend you; your just doing your job.  Adobe needs to step up - there are way too many of us who depend on these programs for our livelihood.  

coming from sales, IT, marketing and as an art school grad, i cannot fathom why the company that has so diligently cornered the design market with mostly exceptional, often revolutionary programs has absolutely no cohesive customer support or marketing platform.  i found out about business catalyst on a fluke - from a small business perspective it's phenomenal - no other options give you half the integration, data, design capability and it's a fraction of the cost.  but the only tutorials are by the BCgurus (who are simply pretty terrible to listen to, not informative and laughably over priced.   it truly seems simple but the UX/UI is atrocious. i discovered at the age of 32 i love programming and taught myself everything from C++ and linux to ruby and python, BUT figuring out & coordinating all parts of BizCat was way too frustrating.  i had to put it aside and direct my client elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - I have downloaded the new version and now just opening a file causes it to freeze.  If I change anything in the file that is open it freezes, if I try to save it it freezes, preview freeze, its ridiculous - there is a 50/50 chance that it won't completely crash but when it does I lose all changes.  Is there an actual fix for this?  I use a PC with windows version 8 if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jarufo.ca

Can you confirm if you are using Win8 and not Win8.1 OS version?

Was DWCC freezing on the same machine earlier? If no and its only the latest DWCC 2014 (14.0.0.6733) that is having a problem, then please follow the below steps.

1. While DWCC 2014 is running and has freezed for you while working, navigate to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.

2. Inside the folder, search for taskmgr application and double click to launch it.

3. Locate Dreamweaver CC-2014 process name in the list shown and then do a right click on it to get context menu.

4. Choose "Create Dump File" option from the context menu.

5. Once the dump process is complete, it would show the location where it got created.

6. Navigate to the same location, and copy that .DMP file and mail it across to "arunk@adobe.com"

7. Along with that, do take the screenshot of the TaskManager process to see if DWCC-2014 is showing a spike in CPU usage.

Analyzing the dump file shall provide us more data on where exactly is DW getting stuck for you.

Regards,
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. Adobe, it's high time you addressed this issue - apparently it's been going on for some time according to the posts I read on this forum. It is a CONSTANT source of aggravation!  Can I get my money refunded please?  You have some nerve charging customers for a product that doesn't perform as it should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm chiming in too here now. I've recently switched to DW CC 2014 (6733) - well technically not switched because still Adobe cannot "upgrade" to a new version so all our sites from previous versions come over - but that's another bug-bear with this otherwise useful software. Now I'm finding the exact same problem - DW repeatedly freezing when doing nothing much in particular. It's happened a couple of times immediately on starting and simply opening an HTML file.

I wonder if this has anything to do with DMX Zone extensions and/or their new Extension Manager? I've used various versions of DW before, but never with DMX Zone extensions, and they have never frozen like this. I'm now busy installing and testing various DMX Zone extensions in 2014 CC on tiddly test sites and DW keeps freezing resulting in the loss of everything I've done, which has to be redone. So could this be down to faulty integration of DMZ Zone extensions in CC rather than CC itself? How many suffering these repeated freezes are using extensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-DWCC2014-Screenshot-(53).jpg

Adam, I feel for you! I started this thread looking for a solution. And that was back in Feb of 2014. Todate:  Sent may dump files to Adobe and nothing ever comes back. Absolutely no communication or resolution from Adobe.  I upgraded to CC 2014 and still experiencing problems with hang-ups and crashing. Do you ever notice that if you have too many files open, or DW  is open for a long period of time, that there is a point where  DW will all the sudden change it's behavior and start to slow down and stagger? That is when I start saving everything because I know the CRASH it's coming. This behavior never happed with CS6 and never happens with other CC products like PS, BR, IL. ID PR, all work fine. Posting yet another dump img file with only 3 files open.

I let me know it find a better solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with Adobe Dreamweaver it's been a complete nightmare.

We upgraded from CS5.5 to CC and since that Dreamweaver keeps stalling for 30seconds - 2 minutes.

You might say that that's no problem but when it does that every time I'm editing something it become annoying.

So I've been looking on Google for solutions to fix this and reached this thread where you where saying to update/download the new version from the desktop app.

All good and fine except that the app didn't wanna start anymore. I was watching it in task manager appearing for a split second and then disappearing again. At this point I uninstalled it, and install it again and after login it pointed to me that there where a few updates available including Dreamweaver. I press install and in 5 minutes reached 42%.... That was 4 hours ago. There is no cancel button or retry or anything.

Can anyone advice what to do now?

Kind regards,

Mircea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines