• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widgets a Gone Gone

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to sue Adobe in a class action lawsuit for antitrust violations implemented with this forced cloud update...Anyone want to join? I purchased my CS6 MASTER SUITE less then 6 months ago because I don't believe in leasing software via "The Cloud" BS! However, since my last Air update I can no longer access my widget browser. I get a bogus error that says It can't connect to the server to log in and to check the connection. My internet functions fine, otherwise I wouldn't be able to log in and post this comment/question. So  I'm left to believe that this is a deliberate action by Adobe to force people into the cloud. Furthermore, when I try to contact support it seems that Adobe has completely dissolved any real support functions and left that in the hands of it's fine community of PISSED OFF users...thanks Adobe!. So specifically to my problem. I'm designing a web site for a web series (I know, the irony) and it's at 90% completion. I'm trying to add my lightbox widget which I had already downloaded and installed moths ago and SURPRISE SURPRISE...it's not there. In fact none of my widgets are there! Does anybody know a work around for this issue because it seems you can't download the widgets independently from any legitimate web source, and I don't do torrents on my system. I am a freelance editor and graphic designer so this is a nuisance I don't have time to deal with. Any help from this community will be greatly appreciated! Additionally If someone from Adobe should happen to read this know that I am very serious about filing a law suite. It is fraudulent to sell a product for thousands of dollars and then remove all the tools associated with the use of that product! So either someone there is either going to A. provide a viable solution other then converting and paying for the cloud on top of what I already paid, B. issue me a full refund for my purchase since it's utter isles if I can't access the tools I need to do my job, or C. prepare for the social media onslaught and legal petitions from other consumers and uses just like me whose rights you've violated!

Kind Regards,

The Puritan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

It's not a bogus error message.  Widget Browser is gone.  The Widgets were old, outdated and most developers had no zeal to update them so Adobe pulled the plug on Widget Browser quite a while ago.   You can still visit the Add-on exchange. Adobe Exchange

Or, as many of us do, use jQuery plugins. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel Kramer wrote:

I hope Adobe adds back in a new and improved widget browser soon.

That's not going to happen.  Use the Add-ons page.  https://creative.adobe.com/addons

Or better yet, use jQuery plugins or go directly to 3rd party extension developers like Project Seven and DMX Zone.  Widget Browser is long gone.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand your position since you are paying to upgrade you software, but I already paid for the CS6 suite. I have to make it work since I have already sunk thousands into every CS upgrade. I can not justify giving Adobe an everlasting payment for the rest of my life. They should offer both one-time ownership license fees with payable upgrades as well as the Phukscription system. Just can't do it. I can not afford to pay them $50 a month for the rest of my life... and that is if they do not raise the monthly fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is that operating systems will continue to change and complex and outdated software will encounter problems. There is no way around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.... It is going to be a problem in the future, but for now this is what has to be done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While the widget Browser was a failed venture for Adobe, the App Store is just as bad (if not worse), and in addition to using off-the-rack copy and paste scripts as Nancy suggests, there is still a vital extension community out there, with the largest and oldest being Project Seven Development (PVII.com), DMX Zone, and Web Assist. These companies make automated tools that install inside Dreamweaver giving you visual UIs with which to create menus, sliders, galleries, etc.

[Moderator note: personal comments removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines