• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate Dreamweaver [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know this is old I've use it about twice a year. My tower crashed could not recover the s/w. I read that I can have the s/w loaded on 2 pc's so I have been trying to load and reactive the s/w for days. I need help this is what I have completed so far.

went to www.adobe.com/go/activation (as per phone message).

Instructed to go here Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

I signed in

Entered my original serial number for CS3 Web Premium.

Received a new number.

followed instructions to download a downloader then extracted.

No more instructions so I clicked on Dreamweaver and of course it prompted with register/re-register.

So I'm in a loop.

I need this s/w to work please.

Thank you,

Debra

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

It's now 2020.  As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone.  And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers.  Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead.

If you never upgrade your computer or OS, you could potentially keep using CS3 for another 12+ years.  But I'm sorry to say that re-installation is no longer an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, legacy CS3 is not guaranteed to run on new equipment and operating systems.  That's the risk you take with software that has reached its end of life.

That said, the old activation servers were taken offline.  First uninstall your old CS3 and run the Adobe Cleaner Tools to wipe all traces of it off your system.  And then remove the old hidden Adobe PCD folder from your hard drive.  Complete instructions are given in the correct answer below.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Post back if you have any questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for following up.

I was able to reinstall by following your instructions.

Again thank you

Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2020.  As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone.  And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers.  Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead.

If you never upgrade your computer or OS, you could potentially keep using CS3 for another 12+ years.  But I'm sorry to say that re-installation is no longer an option.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines