Exit

Adobe 2013 data breach??

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I just recently learned that Adobe was victim to a data breach in 2013:

Adobe: In October 2013, 153 million Adobe accounts were breached with each containing an internal ID, username, email, encrypted password and a password hint in plain text. The password cryptography was poorly done and many were quickly resolved back to plain text. The unencrypted hints also disclosed much about the passwords adding further to the risk that hundreds of millions of Adobe customers already faced.

The only reason why I know this is because of a website https://haveibeenpwned.com

Just thought everyone should take a look to see if they've been pwned.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nose buried in code for the last 5 years I see

It was announced by Adobe and reported on by pretty much every news outlet at the time, but was one of several major breaches that all happened within the same time period. It wasn't deemed as high-profile as the Facebook or Target hacks by the mainstream media, so didn't get quite as much coverage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, when I get in the zone, I get in the zone  I very easily could have missed the headlines.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

It was announced by Adobe and reported on by pretty much every news outlet at the time, but was one of several major breaches that all happened within the same time period. It wasn't deemed as high-profile as the Facebook or Target hacks by the mainstream media, so didn't get quite as much coverage.

That could also contribute to my missing it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hacking has become like taxes, "something you cannot avoid".

As someone from a government security agency is reported to have said, "every system that can be hacked, someone will sooner or later try to hack".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.  The only truly secure system is one that is not connected to any network, is encased in concrete and dropped to the bottom of the sea.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines