• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown error occurred while discovering dynamically related files.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand this issue. It was working fine yesterday.

I am not using wordpress. This is a custom PHP file which takes information from an ftp server and updates my SQL database. It is running on my computer. I am using Apache Server 2.0 with macOS Server. In addition, the console reads this:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ftpaddress.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

I try to rerun the program and I see "An unknown error occurred while discovering dynamically related files. Retry" Could this be an internet connection issue? Or could I have damaged my code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

To turn on error reporting, open your testing server's php.ini file and set to error_reporting(E_ALL);

You might want to add error logging too so you get more details from the Apache and PHP logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, are you attempting to connect to your local testing server's database or the one on your remote server?

My workflow  is to develope locally first and when that all tests out perfectly, I move my PHP files and SQL data to the remote server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all on my testing server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you confirm your testing server and all Apache processes are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the server is running because I can access the site. Also, the proxy error has since gone away (without me making any changes to the website at all). My code now runs partially, stops without any error or warning, and says "An unknown error occurred while discovering dynamically-related files". For some context, my code continuously loops for every product listed in a spreadsheet on the ftp. It only completed one iteration of the loop before stopping; another time, it completed about 50 iterations. It used to complete all 21,000 iterations, but now I am having inconsistent "unknown" errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have error checking enabled on your local testing server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify? Is that something I would do through Dreamweaver or through Apache? I have never heard of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To turn on error reporting, open your testing server's php.ini file and set to error_reporting(E_ALL);

You might want to add error logging too so you get more details from the Apache and PHP logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines