• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Branched from My changes in Dreamweaver are not showing up online]

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same problem. I upload a file, check it online on my desktop and it shows the changes I made. But on my phone or on my laptop it doesn't show the changes (immediately). Only after 30 min to one hour later, the change appear. It's driving me crazy for some time now. I contacted my hosting company but they don't have a clue.
I uploaded the file with Filezilla, same effect. As if there are two versions of the same: one on my desktop (the most recent version of a page) one on all the other devices (page without changes, they appear with delay...).

Weird thing is, if I download the adjusted file on my laptop (which I made on my desktop) it shows the most recent version in Dreamweaver, but not in my browser from the server... arghhhhhh 
Refreshing doesn't help, neither clearing the cache...and it's the same in other browsers. I have no more inspiration... :-(((((

TOPICS
Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've branched this to a new discussion as the old one is out of date and already answered.

Please put a date and time on top of a page.  Upload it to your remote server and post the URL here.

I'm guessing this is a local caching issue but it's possible your hosting provider is caching files on their end, too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines