Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

building multivendor marketplace

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I want to ask that if dreamweaver supports multivendor marketplace website.Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

In addition to Nancy's comment, I would start with designing a database. Then I would create server-side scripts that can be used in the front-end.

There are extensions available for Dreamweaver that will help you to build the site, otherwise you would have to handcode all of the site.

Basing the option on PHP/MySQL, you would need to have a working knowledge of MySQLi or PDO for database queries, PHP for server-side coding and HTML, CSS and JavaScript for the fron-end.

Another possibility is to us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and much more.

But analysing the question, I come to the conclusion that you are looking for a ready made product that requires little or no coding. In which case you are better off with the likes of WordPress or Magento.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for answer but i am looking for tutorials to build a maketplace in dreamweaver..please do u have any links on tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Nancy's comment, I would start with designing a database. Then I would create server-side scripts that can be used in the front-end.

There are extensions available for Dreamweaver that will help you to build the site, otherwise you would have to handcode all of the site.

Basing the option on PHP/MySQL, you would need to have a working knowledge of MySQLi or PDO for database queries, PHP for server-side coding and HTML, CSS and JavaScript for the fron-end.

Another possibility is to use a third party cloud based data storage system. Google the subject or have a look at https://webkul.com/blog/shopify-multivendor-marketplace-app-api/ 

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you build an airplane?  If you don't understand the technology, a tutorial won't help you much.

The same goes for building websites.   Please tell us more about what you hope to do  and how much coding experience you have.  Then maybe we can help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver is primarily a web development tool that allows you to create and design websites. However, it does not have built-in support for creating a multivendor marketplace website. Dreamweaver is more focused on providing a visual interface for designing and coding websites.

If you're looking to build a multivendor marketplace website, there are other platforms and tools available that are specifically designed for this purpose. One popular option is WordPress, which offers various plugins like Dokan and WCFM Marketplace that can help you create a multivendor marketplace.

[Spam link removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.]

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines