Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot place cursor inside tag code editor

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm upgrading to Dreamweaver CC from Dreamweaver CS 5.5. I noticed that when I click on any tag e.g. <a href="...>xyz</a>, the entire tag is highlighted. I just want to change the path that href refers to but I cannot put my cursor in the path and start typing as I use to do in DW 5.5. I can click in the properties window and type the path there.

Am I doing something wrong and is this how it's done in DW CC?

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Let's see if it's the theme's fault, or maybe an installation issue...

Go into Edit > Preferences > Interface
Change the Code Theme to Solarized Light

That "should" change the highlight color of the tag to a teal color, while changing the cursor color to black. It's still going to look like you have the entire tag selected when compared to CS5, but it's not as you'll see when you start typing. If you can't type, it probably be best to reinstall the software.

It's exceptionally annoying and somewhat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be set to overwrite rather than insert text. Check the bottom right of the document window and click OVR if it's there so it changes to INS...

If that's not it, have you actually tried typing?

The default theme in DW makes it appear as if the entire tag is selected when you click into one, but it's not. Typing will act the same as previous versions, aside from the terrible highlighting method, as long as overwrite is not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the src path in the following tag from <script type="text/javascript" src="../scripts/topnav.js"></script> to <script type="text/javascript" src="../top/scripts/topnav.js"></script>.

When I click on the tag, DW highlights the entire tag and it looks like this.

I clicked just between / and s of scripts but as you can see, I don't see a blinking cursor so I wasn't sure if I can type there. Code theme is Classic. When I change that to Dark, then I see the cursor. Is there a way to change the color of cursor in Classic code theme.

Also when I change app theme, DW CC crashes. Any idea why? I haven't loaded anything 3rd party.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try double click on the src value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if it's the theme's fault, or maybe an installation issue...

Go into Edit > Preferences > Interface
Change the Code Theme to Solarized Light

That "should" change the highlight color of the tag to a teal color, while changing the cursor color to black. It's still going to look like you have the entire tag selected when compared to CS5, but it's not as you'll see when you start typing. If you can't type, it probably be best to reinstall the software.

It's exceptionally annoying and somewhat difficult to fix the highlight color in existing themes if you're not familiar with the mess Adobe made of code colring. Personally, I no longer use the built in themes in DW, preferring a modified dark version of one created by a user here in the forum in this thread...

Dreamweaver cc 2018 (2017) OldSchool Light Theme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can type I guess it's just a  theme. I will try to install this modified theme but Solarized Light is working ok. Not a big fan of DW CC so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines