• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste error in Dreamweaver CC 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently receiving this strange error: When I select a block of code to copy into another document, the pasted result includes 3 lines of code from above my original selection, and it drops 3 lines of code from the end of my original selection. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

TOPICS
Code , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I prefer not to download untrusted files. The best practice in this public forum is to post video on YouTube.  Click the Film strip icon to add video directly to your reply.  When prompted, paste the YouTube URL and click Preview.

Copying code in DW works for me.  I can't reproduce your problem with DW 20.1, build 15211, latest Win10 (1903) and error-free code. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

The problem disappeared with a restart (of Dreamweaver, not my PC). I haven’t been able to replicate/recreate the error again. The error has occurred on a couple of occasions in the past and it has been somewhat problematic when I failed to notice that the exact code I intended to copy had not copied correctly.

The problem is unique to Dreamweaver - Testing the copy in another application at the time did not produce an error.

I am satisfied that restarting Dreamweaver will set everything right again – I will just be more vigilant in the future in ensuring that the desired copy area has been pasted as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines