• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS Grid

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Dreamweaver going to support CSS Grid ? Browsers show my mark-up; but "DW live view" does not !  No coding hints either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grid is not ready for production use just yet, it's too early without using fall back hacks. I guess its something Adobe is working on including.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have added support for CSS Grids to the pre-release, it should be in the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have added the Brackets code hints/completion to Dw's code view in the pre-release version, but live view has not been updated to include rendering of css grids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the Chrome rendering engine will need to be updated before DW's Live View can support CSS grids.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

My understanding is that the Chrome rendering engine will need to be updated before DW's Live View can support CSS grids.

Yeah, many FREE and Commercial products drag their feet doing that and it not usually done until a significant release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

The Chrome rendering engine has supported css grids for a few years, but about 18 months ago they disabled support so they could remove support for sub-grids before re-enableing it, (was behind a flag at that time).

CEF, which Dw uses for its live view, was i think started in its update process about that time and unfortunatly the snap-shot of the Chrome rendering engine that CEF is taken from, probably had the feature disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

They have added the Brackets code hints/completion to Dw's code view in the pre-release version, but live view has not been updated to include rendering of css grids.

...yet.

Hopefully, the dev guys will update the rendering engine of the built in browser before pushing the next version. If not, the browsers that support Grids will work fine for site previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are back into flexbox territory Jon.

For a few years Dw users, (and all other ide's) will have to provide fallback code anyway, and the simplest method of providing that fallback is Flexbox. Live view with grid support would be nice, but until many more developers start using grids, so we can develop 'best practices' i don't think it is an essential requirerment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank You for your inputs. We have started supporting Code Hints for CSS grid layout but the Live View still not shows the correct rendering because the CEF version that supports CSS GRid layout as in Chrome is an earlier one. Although, we have added this issue in our backlog and will take it up in the next releases.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines