• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl Key only works once per press on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject says, my ctrl key only works once per press. That is, if I hit Ctrl + C, then hit V while still holding Ctrl, it simply types the letter V. I have to release the Ctrl key and press it again for it to register.

This affects all Ctrl+ shortcuts in Dreamweaver 18.2 (Build 10165). It does not happen in other applications. Changing focus to another application and back does not fix it--nothing appears to.

Because of this, I find (usually well after the fact) that I get errant "s" and "v" in my code and this is completely unacceptable and unworkable.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803 with a Microsoft Ergonomic 3000 keyboard and the latest drivers for it (Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center 10.4.137.0 as of this post).

Has anyone else experienced this behavior and, if so, did you find a solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver for 20 years. When I use CTL + C and CRTL + V to copy and paste, I always take my time to ensure I "got" what I want. I fail to see where this is a significant problem... or hardship. Sorry. I fail to see how what you want is even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my issue. This is a significant problem to me because it severely and negatively impacts my workflow and/or the finished result. What I want should be possible since a) it was working previously and b) is the functionality in every other text editor.

For example, in Notepad, if I select a word (which can be done by HOLDING the Ctrl key and pressing the left or right arrow, something that does not function for me in Dreamweaver), hit "Ctrl + C, F, V" (that is hit and HOLD ctrl throughout the process, then hit C, then hit F, then hit V) it will copy, open the find window, and paste the copied word into find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that CTRL-C-F-V works as indicated by rossdelliot in DW 13.1 build 6443.  I can see where this could also be an issue, especially if it worked in previous versions.

Have you tried submitting a bug report?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot reproduce your problem in DW CC with Ctrl+C, Ctr;+X or Ctrl+V.  It works for me every time.

Can you use Edit > Paste  or Edit > Paste Special?

When DW misbehaves, try Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines