• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty Updating a Graphic Image

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed an image on local folder tree, then saved and put the files. New file does not appear locally, nor on the remote site.Changes to the home page, however, _have_ been correctly updated. Only the correct image has not been updated, on the local nor the remote folder tree. File name is correct, but not the image.

Any ideas appreciated,

Best,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

What browser are you looking at the site from?

If it's Chrome, there's a good chance the image is being rendered from Chrome's "new and improved" (extra, extra sticky) cache files, rather than downloading a new copy from the server.

You can test that by looking at the page from another browser, especially one that hasn't visited the site recently or is on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you looking at the site from?

If it's Chrome, there's a good chance the image is being rendered from Chrome's "new and improved" (extra, extra sticky) cache files, rather than downloading a new copy from the server.

You can test that by looking at the page from another browser, especially one that hasn't visited the site recently or is on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. This becoming increasingly complex.

On my iMac, where I develop and deploy my html content, when I went to place the new image into my html source, a selection box came up with a list of files in the folder, I scrolled down and selected the folder, and saved and ‘put’ the site. In D-W Live View all is fine except for this one graphic file, which does not update locally nor remotely. Both Safari and Google Chrome show the same ‘Alt’ text rather than the image itself. However, the LINK, to which the missing graphic is supposed to point, works fine.

Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on my wWidows machine cannot find my site at all, http:/fusion.enwphotos.com <http://fusion.enwphotos.com/>. There used to be another, default web btowser (Internet Explorer; has that fallen by the wayside in Windws 10?); in any case, I cannot find it on my Windows 10 laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see your site online in Firefox but it contains many code errors.

[Invalid] Markup Validation of http://fusion.enwphotos.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

As for the missing image, when I go directly to the image URL, I get this indicating a corrupt image.

Open your image in Photoshop or similar graphics editor.  Export As or Save for Web as JPG with sRGB color profile.   Then re-upload your image to server.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear your browser's Cache and Browsing History.

Chrome:
   Clear cache and cookies - Computer - Google Account Help

Firefox:
   how to clear firefox cache | Firefox Help

MS Edge:
   https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history

Safari:
   Clear your browsing history - Apple Support

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this also happening on real time live preview ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Live view is not being updated.

[Moderator note: Personal information removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines