Highlighted

Dreamweaver 20.2 won't connect to GoDaddy any longer

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in chat with GoDaddy for 2 hours and they seem to think the issue is with Dreamweaver. I try to connect to my remote site and get an FTP error (that the passwords and account do not match) and cannot connect. I tried all the things I could find, verifying the password and account, toggling on and off settings. I even deleted the site in the site manager and made a new one. Still not connecting. Nothing in the FTP log either. GoDaddy did just migrate the site to new servers. Anyone else having the problem?

TOPICS
Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver 20.2 won't connect to GoDaddy any longer

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in chat with GoDaddy for 2 hours and they seem to think the issue is with Dreamweaver. I try to connect to my remote site and get an FTP error (that the passwords and account do not match) and cannot connect. I tried all the things I could find, verifying the password and account, toggling on and off settings. I even deleted the site in the site manager and made a new one. Still not connecting. Nothing in the FTP log either. GoDaddy did just migrate the site to new servers. Anyone else having the problem?

TOPICS
Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add that I was able to connect with Filezilla but shouldn't the connection work in Dreamweaver?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your screenshot does not help at all.  Can you open DW, click on Site-->Advanced-->FTP Log and try to make the connection again.  And then let us know the FTP error number you are receiving as that will tell us what is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the similar issues with Dreamweaver.....When they switched my site to C-Panel, some items did not get changed...I had to go into Dreamweaver>site>manage site>server.......I had to put the new username, password, and ip address that Go Daddy changed when moving the site...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had to add public_html to Dreamweaver's root directory in the server settings...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Infodiva808 

Try Connect using: SFTP instead of FTP. 

Also try toggling the settings under More Options.  See screenshot.

Site > Manage Sites > ServersSite > Manage Sites > Servers

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0