• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 8 update on Windows 10 64 bit?.....

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Dreamweaver 8 but I don't have any update filter when I go into the help menu, but if I remove DW and re-install a page comes up during the installation telling me that DW8 needs updating in order to interact correctly with Internet Explorer (something like that), I am having trouble finding the correct update to get past this issue.  I am operating on Windows 10 64 bit, any help would be greatly appreciated please.  Many thanks in advance, Clare

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Even if you get the updaters to work, there's no guarantee DW8 will function properly on Win10 64 bit.  It was built to run on Win XP. 

My advice is to download Brackets (it's free).   It works on all modern systems (Win, Mac and Linux).

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

When you're ready to step up to DW CC (the latest version), you may be interested to know that it uses the Brackets code engine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no solutions for you.   The activation servers for DW8 were shut down many years ago.

Macromedia released  DW8 in 2005.  The company went out of business in 2007. 

DW8 reached it's end of life in 2008.   It's no longer supported or updated. 

It's time to find a modern web authoring app that's compatible with your operating system.  

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While your program is seriously ancient by internet standards, the updaters are still available through Adobe's site. I have no idea if they'll still work under W10 (many versions removed from the OS they were designed for) but you can get them here...

Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters

If they run, you'll only be updated to 8.0.2. From what I recall, most of the bug fixes were for Macs. As far as the IE alert, I don't know how much that will really affect you under W10. IE was replaced by Edge and the market share for that browser is dwindling every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you get the updaters to work, there's no guarantee DW8 will function properly on Win10 64 bit.  It was built to run on Win XP. 

My advice is to download Brackets (it's free).   It works on all modern systems (Win, Mac and Linux).

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

When you're ready to step up to DW CC (the latest version), you may be interested to know that it uses the Brackets code engine. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU, waiting for my EDU email for free greatly reduced software.  Always wanted Dreamweaver.  Appreciate your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines