• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver corrections not showing online

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver for years, and up until about a month ago had no trouble updating website pages I created offline, then using the PUT command to transfer them to the online website. Now, when I do that, everything seems fine at my end, but the changes do not show up online. I have refreshed the page view many times, I have tried two browsers, Safari and Foxfire, I have checked the server connection: it tests fine, and the PUT and GET commands seem to work, but nothing changes online. I had support at my website provider try it from their end, and they were able to make changes without a problem, and those showed up on my browsers, but the GET command did not bring those changed pages to my home computer. I was able to make changes using their Control Panel File Manager, but that's all code, and I don't know much code. Something is broken and I can't figure it out. Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Are you uploading files to your server's root directory?  This varies by hosting plan.  My root is public_html.  See screenshots.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Assuming your site is properly defined, you can expand your Files Panel to show contents of remote server side-by side with your local site.  Compare the last modified time & date stamps to ensure everything is what it should be.

CC-FilesPanel-expanded.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I'm using Dreamweaver 18, the latest version from CC, on the latest Mac operating system using a year-old iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Nancy's reply, make sure that the left hand side shows the Remote and not the Testing server. I have a faint suspicion that you have been sending the files to the latter location.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Nancy! Your answer solved my problem. I added "html_public/" in the root directory on the server info panel, and now changes are showing up correctly! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you uploading files to your server's root directory?  This varies by hosting plan.  My root is public_html.  See screenshots.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Assuming your site is properly defined, you can expand your Files Panel to show contents of remote server side-by side with your local site.  Compare the last modified time & date stamps to ensure everything is what it should be.

CC-FilesPanel-expanded.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines