• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS 2018 FTP Error Will not connect

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately or unfortunately I have been using Dreamweaver since the early days (UltraDev). I have seen it evolve through various versions until the very recent version. Each time it is "upgraded" it seems to become less useful.

I recently revised the manage sites. The "test" icon works. I am able to connect!

However, I'm unable to see a remote site. In other words, the test connection is fine but the real connection somehow fails. This makes no sense.

I am using Amazon Web services. All the conventions between Amazon Web services and Dreamweaver Adobe version may present some incompatibilities. Ideally, the connection is not SFTP but rather SCP.  All this was working fine when I was using lunar pages which uses different conventions. It only allows for FTP which is insecure.

Anyone have knowledge. Not suggestions. Not "try this." But knowledge of why this failing? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AWS with Amazon's file uploader, not DW's.

Anyway, see if either of these links help you.

https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/how-to-set-up-adobe-dreamweaver-for-uploads-to-amazon-aws...

Set up a Dreamweaver site with Amazon AWS S3 Servers (Was: Amazon AWS S3 Servers)

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but with all due respect, you did not read my question.   I fear I am not going to solve this as Adobe is known to have so many bugs that are not acknowledged.   This is just not a high priority product for Adobe.   This should be monitored by Adobe techs.

I see a test connection but not a realtime connection.   Adobe has yet to fully implemement SCP which is more sedure than SFTP.

All my work generated and saved in the past with CS5 and 6.  It is now dead with the newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bodywise02  wrote

This is just not a high priority product for Adobe

Have you had a look at Adobe Prerelease?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read and understand my question?

So here is your link:

Access denied

Either you do not have access to this site or we are unable to process your request at this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I spoke.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I blame not thee.  I am only commenting on lack of support from Adobe.  Have you actually looked at all the known bugs in this latest release?   I don't see how it really "solves" anything.

Still no answers to my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<All my work generated and saved in the past with CS5 and 6.  It is now dead with the newer versions.>

I don't understand that statement at all.  Code is code.  If you're working with valid code, it should be no problem to work with in DW CC. 

Incidentally, this is a user-to-user forum.  Product engineers don't lurk in this space.   If you wish to submit bug or feature requests, do it from the DW Help menu.

CC-submitBug.jpg

With respect to connecting to AWS, read the links I posted above or Google the subject.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Connecting+to+AWS&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines