Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS4 Design page text not showing up on website

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not new to Dreamweaver CS4 but am by no means an expert.  I support a website for my golf course Oak Harbor

The text formatting that I see in the code plus design view does not display correctly or at all on the website.  I want to have a title in <h4> but it will not display at all unless I use a CSS rule <p class="CenterBold100">.  The text displays correctly if tagged h3> in the design view but does not display at all when viewed on the website.

I go on to use <h4> and <h3> throughout the rest of the home page and what I see in design matches what I see on the website.

On another page Oak Harbor I again force the title with the <p class="CenterBold100"> but now the text tagged <h4> and <h3> does not display at all.  If use a <p> tag the text is too small. 

I am guessing this is just not understand CSS well enough but hopefully some kind expert out there will point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS4 Design page text not showing up on website

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not new to Dreamweaver CS4 but am by no means an expert.  I support a website for my golf course Oak Harbor

The text formatting that I see in the code plus design view does not display correctly or at all on the website.  I want to have a title in <h4> but it will not display at all unless I use a CSS rule <p class="CenterBold100">.  The text displays correctly if tagged h3> in the design view but does not display at all when viewed on the website.

I go on to use <h4> and <h3> throughout the rest of the home page and what I see in design matches what I see on the website.

On another page Oak Harbor I again force the title with the <p class="CenterBold100"> but now the text tagged <h4> and <h3> does not display at all.  If use a <p> tag the text is too small. 

I am guessing this is just not understand CSS well enough but hopefully some kind expert out there will point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site needs to be modernized. It kind of says "1998" both visually and in the code. You also have DIV tags surrounding TD tags, which is not valid and which can create severe problems in some browsers. You need to fix those issues as well as getting rid of tables, before worrying about your current CSS, which also should be replaced.

That said, are you interested in modernizing the site, or are you willing to apply a few band-aids?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.  I inherited this and am self taught so not surprised there are issues.  Bottom line I would like to modernize and clean it up.  I do this as a favor for the golf course I belong to so am not able to get any funding.

My training is EE and had a long career in IT doing a a fair amount of programming early on so getting a little technical again is fun. 

The Adobe help files are not very helpful however so where would you start?

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to bow out of this. It's unfathomable that someone asking for help for Dreamweaver, in the Adobe Dreamweaver forum, is being advised, by an Adobe ACP, to use software other than Dreamweaver. I have no idea how to respond to that, except to say that Adobe is in an extreme condition of disarray from top to bottom. If you hover over my picture you should see where my site is and you can contact me directly if you would like to learn how to actually use Dreamweaver to manage your site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

It's unfathomable that someone asking for help for Dreamweaver, in the Adobe Dreamweaver forum, is being advised, by an Adobe ACP, to use software other than Dreamweaver.

Sorry to say this but Dreamweaver alone is not going to produce a feature-rich website that golfers expect to interact with.  This is no reflection on DW, it's an excellent tool.  But the person using it would need very good backend & front-end coding skills --  responsive web design, a thorough knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, server-side & client-side scripting, etc...  Based on OP's remarks, I don't think the area of expertise is web development.   Working in IT is not the same thing.  That's why I suggested WordPress.

Most good web hosts have one-click WP installation from the C-Panel.   In theory, a novice could have a new WP website up and running in a couple of hours.  The same site built in Dreamweaver alone would take many weeks or months not to mention the time commitment to  learning code.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 1
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are free to suggest whatever you want. We're just from different schools of thought. When I make a suggestion, especially to a web designer novice, I usually feel obligated to help them if they follow my advice and get a little (or a lot) lost.

So, I'm sure you're either ready to help the man... or perhaps he can contact you off list and hire you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new div just for the text that would not appear and deleted the div that wrapped the table. the text is displaying correctly. Thanks for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, this site lacks much appeal.  There's a huge amount of room for improvement.  Pro shop, lessons,  events, tournaments,  tutorials, online booking of Tee Times, etc...  It's just falling way short of what people expect from a golf course web site these days.    My advice is to start over with WordPress and a good quality, responsive golf theme

Example:

http://preview.themeforest.net/item/triompher-golf-club-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/20918049

EDIT:  My gosh, this forum is almost impossible to use.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 1
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 1
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

My advice is to start over with WordPress and a good quality, responsive golf theme

My thoughts exactly, Nancy. So many great themes out there

https://themeforest.net/item/tee-up-elegant-golf-wordpress-theme/7440118

https://themeforest.net/item/golf-club-golf-course-wordpress-theme/18676869?s_rank=17

https://themeforest.net/item/golf-club-sports-events-wordpress-theme/16138288?ref=Drinkgue sser

Ah.. I see now. So this is the WordPress forum. My bad

Of course then I assume y 'all provide WordPress help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just offering another perspective, Al. Of course they can continue with an ancient version of DW tweaking an outdated website. They‘re unlikely to embark on a full re-build with DW.

But it‘s sometimes useful to offer something out of the box, even non-Adobe. Happens daily here.

If they embrace Wordpress, you‘re well aware that there’s plenty of WP support out there. As you said to Nancy, somtimes we’re from different schools of thought. Your tools have helped me enormously in the past, sometimes even prompting me to find non-DW solutions. I think I even discovered Wordpress as a result of one such line of research.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just offering another perspective, Al. Of course they can continue with an ancient version of DW tweaking an outdated website. They‘re unlikely to embark on a full re-build with DW.

But it‘s sometimes useful to offer something out of the box, even non-Adobe. Happens daily here.

If they embrace Wordpress, you‘re well aware that there’s plenty of WP support out there. As you said to Nancy, somtimes we’re from different schools of thought. Your tools have helped me enormously in the past, sometimes even prompting me to find non-DW solutions. I think I even discovered Wordpress as a result of one such line of research.

I'm not sure I'm following. If we drove you to WordPress, please accept my heartfelt apologies .

The version of Dreamweaver matters little, unless someone wants to get tied up with Bootstrap. In fact, since you mention our tools, they do install into CS4 and give users the ability to craft a layout far easier than they could using Dreamweaver 18 and Bootstrap.

As for support of open source tools, the seeker is always at the mercy of the community as there is no obligation to provide support. No accountability... not there is accountability here as Adobe does not really offer true support.

That said, I wish the original poster luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Al.

I’ve never had any issues getting the support I needed from the massive Wordpress community and support docs. Quality varies but once you find a good source, you’re set. Besides, much of Wordpress is very intuitive. Securing the site is the prime issue for novices but it’s do-able with the right settings and plugins.

I fondly remember when you were occasionally chided here for announcing your excellent non-Adobe tools to the DW community. Sometimes with a sly dig at Adobe to boot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fondly remember when you were occasionally chided here for announcing your excellent non-Adobe tools to the DW community. Sometimes with a sly dig at Adobe to boot.

Interesting. Have you thrown your hat into the political ring .

We make plugins for Dreamweaver. If you go back to the beginning, 1997-1998, people like us, Massimo Foti, Andrew Woolridge, Jaro Von Flocken, and several others, were the darlings of the Macromedia newsgroup. In fact, many folks accused us of being responsible for Dreamweaver's success.

The Dreamweaver community did not begin to change until Adobe came along, along with the web forum.

Strange, huh, how history sometimes gets changed or a little cloudy sometimes. Oh well. I guess that's life.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Al.

I’ve never had any issues getting the support I needed from the massive Wordpress community and support docs. Quality varies but once you find a good source, you’re set. Besides, much of Wordpress is very intuitive. Securing the site is the prime issue for novices but it’s do-able with the right settings and plugins.

Wordpress is just as shite as any other point and click workflow if you really dont know what you are doing. I had a friend who's 19 year old son produced a Wordpress site for a local pub, it was ok, functional but not much else, he obvioulsy had zero Idea what was going on beyond pointing and clicking and installing plugins. Never did get the feedback form working. The design wasnt really great although it was some kind of original Wordpress template, no template ever really works or is satisfactory unless you and the client have very low expectations. If you don't come from a design background, as many don't seem to do in this forum and others I frequent it probably looks absolutely wonderful - or to a discerning eye - puke. Not to mention the bloated code rubbish Worpress produces but hey whatever Wordpresser ever looks at the code, its just there aint it. Low end clients, low end expecations, next to useless developers with zero concept of how anything works, it doesnt get much worse, dragging web development into the comedy arena, where old blokes, school kids and those that are here today gone tomorrow con-merchants, totally depend on proprietory code written by someone/something else..............god help us all.

Going back to the golf course.....I'm a little surprised that they don't have a budget for a pro to design the site as the fees are usually quite atronomical to join a golf club and its important if they have more capacity to at least not shoot themselves in the foot by cranking out an 'under par' design ---- ha! ha!

Having said that Ive been in the design/presentation game since I was 16 and nothing in 40 years has changed - you can advise all you like BUT if they simply dont have a budget or do and are not willing to spend, its pointless.........move on, dont waste your breathe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this thread got interesting! I did check the Wordpress themes and they are similar to a couple of higher end golf course websites I checked out. Thanks for that.  I would like to move to something far easier to maintain for the owners sake. 

That said, would I use the same web hosting service we use now?  I use a sftp tool to transfer the files now which also feels antiquated.  And of course we need to keep the same domain name.

Appreciate the help.

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not care less about the poster using old web design techniques, or if the user should use Dw or wordpress, what is interesting is that all the poster is asking is why the code is not working, and why the site looks 'old'.

The poster does not understand how css is applied, in that they are trying to apply a class incorrectly -

to the poster, whilst css is not that difficult to learn, it is necessary to understand how css 'works', and how 'specific'  one must be when writing css -

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS

I would recommend the poster learn the basics of css at least, and then the problem will hopefully become clear, and they will be able to proceed further with what they wish to do.

As for the design, yes it is outdated, but the main problem is in using 'bold' text throughout the site, change this to a  normal font, and only use bold for the headings, also change the background colour of the page to white or an off-whilt colour, will stop the site looking like a late 90's design. It will not bring the site into the 2018 era, but it would be a start.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula, Paula, Paula 🙂

This is why I asked him for a clarification of his goals and whether he wanted to modernize or apply a few band-aids. Unfortunately, the thread was dead (at least for the OP) once Nancy brought up WordPress. This is a Dreamweaver support forum. I swear to God it is. It even says so at the top of the page. The thread is dead unless the OP decides to leave Dreamweaver and go to WordPress, which would surprise me... a little 🙂 But nothing about Adobe, or its forums, surprises me anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I mentioned the font weight and background color, are because they are the two main mistakes in the design, and easy to fix.

As the poster is using cs4, the suggestion to use wordpress and a template would mean that Dw would be nothing more than a 'junk' program, as support for theme creation was not added until cs5. Which then leaves us with two alternative suggestions for the poster -

The first being that the poster learns more about how to code, and the second being that the poster uses extensions, (your job to 'sell' your extensions, not mine ).

As the poster is not a designer, but indicates they have some knowledge of code I would suggest that they learn more about how css works. Keeping the same basic html code for now, and learning more about css, (and media-queries to be added later) would be the simplest starting point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll change hats for a moment and give you my 1st impression as a golfer: negative.   Changing fonts and CSS styles is not going to help much.   I'm not saying the course is bad.  It's probably a very nice track.  But the site is so poor it sends a bad message about the whole operation.  In other words, it's almost better to have no site than a bad one 'cuz you never get a 2nd chance at a good 1st impression.  

For comparison, my local  pitch & put practice course has a Joomla! driven website.  And I'm certain they didn't pay an arm & a leg for it

https://www.sinaloagolf.com/

Any good web hosting plan that supports PHP & MySQL databases can handle WordPress or Joomla! or Drupal (open source frameworks). 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You look for golf courses online? I've belonged to a CC in town and couldn't care less if they had a web site. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the original poster hasn't run for the hills - shaking his head a bit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

For comparison, my local  pitch & put practice course has a Joomla! driven website.  And I'm certain they didn't pay an arm & a leg for it

Problem with any CMS like Wordpress or Joomla is that the landing page, controlled by the developer, nearly always looks ok but 90% of the inetnal pages look very unthought about, being either one boring coloum of text or something like below, which to me just looks pooh the way the layout has been considered or most likley not considered at all because its using a one column template page:

https://www.sinaloagolf.com/contact/survey

or you have some kind of junk like below which dosent even look like it belongs to the same site - what possess any one with any design ability to just suddenly use some horrible orchre colur and bright orange button for just this page......hummmm.

https://www.sinaloagolf.com/contact/email

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Problem with any CMS like Wordpress or Joomla is that the landing page, controlled by the developer, nearly always looks ok but 90% of the inetnal pages look very unthought about, being either one boring coloum of text or something like below, which to me just looks pooh the way the layout has been considered or most likley not considered at all because its using a one column template page:

https://www.sinaloagolf.com/contact/survey

or you have some kind of junk like below which dosent even look like it belongs to the same site - what possess any one with any design ability to just suddenly use some horrible orchre colur and bright orange button for just this page......hummmm.

https://www.sinaloagolf.com/contact/email

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that look at the state of the <head></head> section.......now that's not pretty at all. Typical Joomla or Wordpress junk plugin code. Anyone would think its a competition to see how many css and js files one can link to the page, hilarious.

<head>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<base href="https://www.sinaloagolf.com/golf/tee-times" />

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="keywords" content="sinaloa,golf,course,club,9,holes,events,outings,leagues,gift,cards,seniors,juniors,ladies,specials,p..." />

<meta name="description" content="A 9 Hole Golf Course in beautiful Simi Valley, CA. Outings & Leagues welcome, PGA Lessons & Golf Ins..." />

<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />

<title>Sinaloa Golf Course | Public 9 Hole Club | Simi Valley, CA - Book Tee Times</title>

<link href="/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" />

<link href="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/css/jcemediabox.css?3ab6d4490e67378d035cce4c84ffa080" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/themes/standard/css/style.css?7361405241320e69bc1bfb093eb0a2f7" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/plugins/system/rokbox/assets/styles/rokbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/master-c09f95a3f000bfbd5b4401d58eeea304.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css/master-gecko.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/demo-c09f95a3f000bfbd5b4401d58eeea304.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/mediaqueries.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/grid-flexbox-responsive.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/menu-dropdown-direction.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/animate.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,300italic,regular,italic,600,600italic,700,700..." rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css-compiled/menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/templates/rt_myriad/css/rt_myriad-custom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="/media/widgetkit/wk-styles-26daca74.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" id="wk-styles-css" />

<style type="text/css">

body { font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica', arial, serif; }
</style>

<script type="application/json" class="joomla-script-options new">{"csrf.token":"a8d36f727b855284f452d922c61b2345","system.paths":{"root":"","base":""}}</script>

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.9.2/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js?d0bd258c65c969646a362478dfc5dfbc" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/system/js/core.js?d0bd258c65c969646a362478dfc5dfbc" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js?d0bd258c65c969646a362478dfc5dfbc" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/com_wrapper/js/iframe-height.min.js?d0bd258c65c969646a362478dfc5dfbc" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/js/jcemediabox.js?2ee2100a9127451a41de5a4c2c62e127" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/plugins/system/rokbox/assets/js/rokbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/rt_myriad/js/hoverfree.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/rt_myriad/js/scrolling-header-fullpage.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/rt_myriad/js/wow.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/rt_myriad/js/wow-init.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/libraries/gantry/js/browser-engines.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/templates/rt_myriad/js/rokmediaqueries.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/default/js/rokmediaqueries.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/modules/mod_roknavmenu/themes/default/js/sidemenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js?d0bd258c65c969646a362478dfc5dfbc" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/widgetkit/uikit2-2c9d2181.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/media/widgetkit/wk-scripts-22e1dd0b.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery.noConflict();
JCEMediaBox.init({popup:{width:"",height:"",legacy:0,lightbox:0,shadowbox:0,resize:1,icons:1,overlay:1,overlayopacity:0.8,overlaycolor:"#000000",fadespeed:500,scalespeed:500,hideobjects:0,scrolling:"fixed",close:2,labels:{'close':'Close','next':'Next','previous':'Previous','cancel':'Cancel','numbers':'{$current} of {$total}'},cookie_expiry:"",google_viewer:0},tooltip:{className:"tooltip",opacity:0.8,speed:150,position:"br",offsets:{x: 16, y: 16}},base:"/",imgpath:"plugins/system/jcemediabox/img",theme:"standard",themecustom:"",themepath:"plugins/system/jcemediabox/themes",mediafallback:0,mediaselector:"audio,video"});
if (typeof RokBoxSettings == 'undefined') RokBoxSettings = {pc: '100'};
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i=i||function(){
(i.q=i.q||[]).push(arguments)},i.l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','__gaTracker');
__gaTracker('create', 'UA-75217408-2', 'auto');
__gaTracker('send', 'pageview');

</script>

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

</head>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Source requires bloat. All contingencies must be addressed because at any time, the loss of one or more developer/volunteers could be catastrophic. As you've so often stated, the ideal situation is one where the designer understands the code. If that condition is met, then using plugins or, in the case of Dreamweaver, extensions, becomes merely a convenience.

I know some people use Bootstrap or WordPress because they truly believe them to be good platforms, but that does not change the facts. They are bloated.

There is good news on the horizon, though. With the wild success of social media sites, traditional blogs are becoming less and less important, and WordPress is becoming ore and more a CMS application. As such, it is horribly inefficient. So, I think it's safe to predict that like so many fads that have come before, the bloated CMSs are going to be on the way out, unless they can reinvent themselves. It is fairly likely that light CMS applications, that can be plugged into conventionally written sites are going to get more popular and modular plugins for e-commerce, forms processing, and various other uses, will become easier to deploy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

There is good news on the horizon, though. With the wild success of social media sites, traditional blogs are becoming less and less important, and WordPress is becoming ore and more a CMS application. As such, it is horribly inefficient. So, I think it's safe to predict that like so many fads that have come before, the bloated CMSs are going to be on the way out, unless they can reinvent themselves. It is fairly likely that light CMS applications, that can be plugged into conventionally written sites are going to get more popular and modular plugins for e-commerce, forms processing, and various other uses, will become easier to deploy.

We can only hope your prediction comes true AL.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2018 0
ALsp LATEST
Mentor ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can only hope your prediction comes true AL.

I used to be pretty good at making predictions when people in the business behaved a bit more logically. But the current pandemic of stupidity is a bit of a problem .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 1