Highlighted

Dreamweaver cs4 support [Is it possible to hire a certified DW expert to do some work on our site?]

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received great support from a certified expert a couple of years ago. He is now retired. Wondering if it is possible to hire a certified DW expert to do some work on our site?

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver cs4 support [Is it possible to hire a certified DW expert to do some work on our site?]

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received great support from a certified expert a couple of years ago. He is now retired. Wondering if it is possible to hire a certified DW expert to do some work on our site?

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are located in the Melbourne Australia region, send me a PM.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in New York.

[Email info removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the URL to your site and what kind of work are you looking to have done?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy:  We are ultimately thinking of a re-do, but for now just looking to get the https going and some code clean up, links check.  Our mobile site is separate and limited.  Our site is Down Comforter, Eiderdown, Goose Down Pillows, Featherbeds, Duvets & Linens, Clean/Renovate. DownSto...

[Email iinfo removed by Moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lauranewbie  wrote

Hi Nancy:  We are ultimately thinking of a re-do, but for now just looking to get the https going and some code clean up, links check. 

[Email iinfo removed by Moderator]

Contact your hosting provider and ask them about adding SSL Certs to your server.  If they cannot do it, find a better web host.

The Best SSL Certificates Hosting: Who's The Best For Your Site? [Updated: 2018]

Ideally, your site should be responsive to work on mobile, tablet and desktops.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy: Our hosting company offers the ssl certificate. So what services do you offer and where are you located?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just taken a look at the code for your home page, and there is much clean up needed just to that code. I'm in New York. PM me if you'd like a free consultation. I am actually not sure how much time I have right now to take on your project, but I am willing to sit down with you and discuss what is needed.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

Of course it is possible to hire someone to do some work on your site. That person does not necessarily have to be a DW CS4 expert. Any professional web designer/developer who has a solid grounding in HTML, CSS, and/or PHP, javascript, and a host of other web languages will be able to do what your site requires. The CS4 suite, itself, was retired many years ago; in fact, two successive iterations and updates of that standalone product were released before the perpetually updated creative cloud iterations were first launched.

Your best option is to advertise for a web developer/designer operating within your geographical location. I'm guessing there will be several. Craig's List could be a good first contact.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does your developer have to be a DW certified expert (ACA or ACE)?? 

Certification doesn't mean anything except that the person knows how to pass an exam on the usage of a particular version of DW.  That might be fine for an instructor at an Adobe certified training center  but It tells you nothing about their actual skills and experience as a web developer.  

DW is just a tool.  Developers use many tools.   Tools don't build websites, people do.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0