• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Device Preview service is currently unavailable

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time that i open up Dreamweaver and try to click preview on device this is what comes up, i have tried restarting, i have tried going and looking at the other forum posts but there aren't many and none of them fix my issue

i hope someone knows how to fix this issue, thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

The latest versions of DW have what is called "Real Time Preview" in place of the older Preview in Browser (F12 keyboard shortcut). That is supposed to show you an updated version of your page in the browser, as you modify it in DW, automatically, using a frameset on Adobe's servers that force refreshes the page.

It hasn't worked right for me over the last few versions (haven't tried it lately), so I don't use it. I prefer to use Open in Browser (what the old Preview in Browser is called now) and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help How to troubleshoot issues with Device Preview in Dreamweaver

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything in that article including making the nodeport.json file but it still isn’t letting me even see the device preview menu I only see the error message that is the picture above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I never use Device Preview because I have a local testing server set up.

Once you do that, it makes Device Preview redundant because you can view your site from any device connected to the same network by going to your machine's local IP followed by the root folder of your site.

I use XAMPP, and place my site root folders within the htdocs folder. From there on out, I just go to 123.456.78.9/sitefolder (my local machine's network IP followed by the root folder name for a given site) to preview with any and all devices connected to the network physically or via wifi. That way, I don't have to depend on my connection to Adobe's servers, or on Adobe's servers being up and running.

The DW version is a little older, but the info is still valid:

Setting up a local testing server in Dreamweaver CS5 | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like you I use Xampp, well two Xampp, one for sites prior to 5.6 and one for those above 7... (if you have a tip on this subject, you will make a happy one...)

otherwise, I don't like to place site files in the base root folder... I prefer to use aliases and point to disks different from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way that I can get the website to reload  every time i make a change to it because that would be cery helpful so I can see instant changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest versions of DW have what is called "Real Time Preview" in place of the older Preview in Browser (F12 keyboard shortcut). That is supposed to show you an updated version of your page in the browser, as you modify it in DW, automatically, using a frameset on Adobe's servers that force refreshes the page.

It hasn't worked right for me over the last few versions (haven't tried it lately), so I don't use it. I prefer to use Open in Browser (what the old Preview in Browser is called now) and hitting Refresh to see my updated page (which is how Real Time Preview also worked for me in recent versions) without the need to connect to Adobe's servers.

Most of the time I just split the screen with Code and Live View in DW. Live View is a mostly-there Chrome browser that, unless you're using some of the latest methods like Grid and Flex, will show you a decent enough rendering of your page. Obviously, the only way to see exactly how your page will act in different browsers is to preview in each of them, but Live View is usually close enough to see where any major issues will occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines