• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Animation plays in DW, not in browser

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a simple animation in Animate, and published the .oam file.

I am able to insert this animation into a div in my DW HTML (Bootstrap) file where it plays as expected.

When I try to preview in browser (Chrome, Safari), I only see the background color of the stage, but none of the elements (vector objects from .ai and Animate)  or the animation.

I have  also inserted the .oam file into a blank HTML page, with same results (plays in live view, wont play when exported to browsers)

As a side note: the HTML file generated by Edge Animate does play when directly tested in Chrome and Safari.

Thanks

Brett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

The new Live Preview has all kinds of issues for me.

I gave up on it a while ago and just use the old Preview in Browser (now called Open in Browser) instead.

You can right click either the named tab of the file (if documents are set as tabs) or the file's name in the Files window and choose Open in Browser. That opens your local file (using your local file path) vs opening it within a frameset being shown by Adobe's servers.

I even went so far as to modify one of the program files to allow the old

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will help

If you need more specific advice, please come back here and show the code of the complete HTML document where you have placed the animation.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually able to make it work if I open the HTML file (created in DW) directly in Chrome(and others)

The problem is when I use DW to open the file in the browser to check my work using the Real Time Preview option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Live Preview has all kinds of issues for me.

I gave up on it a while ago and just use the old Preview in Browser (now called Open in Browser) instead.

You can right click either the named tab of the file (if documents are set as tabs) or the file's name in the Files window and choose Open in Browser. That opens your local file (using your local file path) vs opening it within a frameset being shown by Adobe's servers.

I even went so far as to modify one of the program files to allow the old Preview in Browser on F12 rather than Live Preview, since the program didn't allow switching it at the time (not sure if it does now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue solved. Thanks for the work-around, Jon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines