• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not on local disk??

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly getting -  "file" not on local disk. GET - when I open any of my local sites in dreamwearver. All the files show up in the Files Panel and  If I double click on the file names in the files panel the file WILL open. So obviously it is there. But when I click to open the asscociated link shown in the tool bar abouve the page I have open in dreamweaver, I get this error and the file will not display. Also my live view is acting wonky

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Sorry for the inconvenience , We are actually aware of this issue and have technoted the workaround for the same

Copying from the known issues doc http://helpx.stage.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-dreamweaver-1 31.html

• On Mac, if a folder in any volume has the same name as the volume:
    • You cannot open the related files of a Dreamweaver site.
    • The Welcome screen of Dreamweaver does not load.

Change the folder name and retry.

Refer:http://forums.adobe.com/message/5633342#5633342 for additional info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're looking at your local files?

In the Files window, is the right hand drop down menu set to Local View?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking.

What you describe sounds very similar to what you'd expect if it was set to Remote Server.

What do your links to your external files look like in the <head> of your page?

Are they absolute paths to your server, or relative to the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/normalize.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/foundation.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/RMCstyles.css">

I finally just uninstalled Dreamweaver and re-downloaded and it's currently working. I say currently because this is the 3rd time I've had to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, if it happens again, try deleting the program cache first, rather than a reinstall:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

That will catch a lot of goofy "just started happening" behaviors and clear them up. Maybe this is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon, I will give that a try. Are these procudures still valid with CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.

You just need to make sure you turn on hidden files so you can get to the necessary folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience , We are actually aware of this issue and have technoted the workaround for the same

Copying from the known issues doc http://helpx.stage.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-dreamweaver-1 31.html

• On Mac, if a folder in any volume has the same name as the volume:
    • You cannot open the related files of a Dreamweaver site.
    • The Welcome screen of Dreamweaver does not load.

Change the folder name and retry.

Refer:http://forums.adobe.com/message/5633342#5633342 for additional info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dreamweaver running from an SSD and all my related data files are on another HD. When I moved the site I'm working on to the SSD, the files all became accessible and liveview now works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you just solved the same issue I was having. I cannot express how grateful I am in words alone..

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If your non CSS (php, html etc) files are in the same folder of CSS files then, don’t add CSS/ after href=”, in your case, it should look like this <link rel="stylesheet" href="normalize.css">

Hope this is of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This apparently is still an issue even in Dreamweaver CC 2018 as I am having the same issue.

The css file is not on the local system , testing server AND remote server yet DW is still saying it is not on the local disk

Any help would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the pointers and help, but I tried all of the above and nothing help me with this problem. Then I relocated the css-folder I made to desktop and now it works. I dont know if this is a smart move, as i am a newbie to this but at least now i can focus on the learning DW part!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what do you mean by the volume?

my folder name is siteroot and the style is called style but when i link it to the html page is says it is not in the local disk. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines