• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go Daddy updated their hosting ...now web wont publish to their site

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go Daddy recently changed from Web Hosting Linux to  Linux Hosting with cPanel. ...Now, when I publish my updated information to their server, everything works as it always did, but the information is not updating on their end.....I called them and they cleaned the cache, but no luck....They said it's on my end somewhere....Any suggestions? I'm using Dreamweaver CS5.5....Thx 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear your browser's cache and history?

Did you test with a different browser?

Can you post a URL?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might have changed the remote root folder and you're just uploading to the wrong spot on the server. 

Verify the Server Root Directory with GoDaddy and make sure DW matches in your server settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoDaddy typically uses a Server Root of public_html on their Linux hosting plans.

Site > Manage Sites > ServersSite > Manage Sites > Servers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted GoDaddy and was on a chat session for 3 hours....they said it's on my end with Dreamweaver....In Dreamweaver, ny root directory is blank...when I add public_html, I get an FTP error...cant find that directory....Do I need to add it somewhere else in Dreamweaver....I'm not web tech savy.....just frustrating because everything ws working fine before they moved my hosting site to c panel....Thx for the help...appreciate it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I cleared the cache and browser histoy.....I went into my godaddy account and my root directory is public_html...When I add that root directory in Dreamweaver, I get an FTP error occured andcan't find the directory.....Any other suggestions?? Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try connecting to your server with a dedicated S/FTP client like Filezilla.  If that fails to connect, then DW is not the problem.

https://filezilla-project.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help and suggestions....Well, I was able to update my website like this....I made the changes in Dreamweaver, then I have to go to my account in Go Daddy....go to web hosting>C Panel file manager>then upload the the correct folder that's on my C drive.....I'm still trying to figure out why it won't update from Dreamweaver....Today I received this error...Dreamweaver is currently interacting with a server...Please try again when the current task is complete..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure everyone can connect from their C-Panel.  You still haven't told us if you can connect to your remote server with Filezilla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Filezilla , but didn't know I  had to do from there ... It sad  something about my router is a net router or something like that. . and I'm need  to do something in the settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In Filezilla FTP Client (not Filezilla server), Go to File > Site Manager and click on New Site button. 

2. Under Advanced tab, enter your local site folder and your remote server's root directory.

3. Under the General tab, enter your Protocol, Host, Logon Type, User and Password then hit the Connect button. 

If Filezilla cannot connect to your server, you have other problems that go beyond the scope of this Dreamweaver product forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks for your help...I did download Filezilla FTP Client......I entered all the information listed...except I didn't see where to enter protocol.....When I tried to connect, everything passed except it couldn't connect to the server....I have a friend who knows about computers coming over tomorow to help me.....Hopefully, I can get this to work...Thx again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I got it to work......When GoDaddy switched my site to C-Panel, I had to change my username, password, and IP address in the server settings....GoDaddy's email stated that I didn't have to do anything.....I also had to put public_html in the root directory.....The only issue now is I'm getting a pop up box when I upload my changes ...It states that Dreamweaver is currently interacting with a server......My info still get uploaded, but do not know why this box keeps popping up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you are connected.  Interacting with server is a non-issue.  Ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines