• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I run a sequence of find & replace queries?

New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I need to run 12 find & replace queries but unfortunately it looks like I am forced to run them one at the time.

Can any of you present a solution, so I can run a sequence of find & replace queries automatically?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

No extension needed.  I'm also using the latest version of DW CC. 

Use keyboard shortcut Crl + Shift + F to bring up the Find & Replace panel.   See screenshot.

On the far right, notice those  2 icons for saving and loading search queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

DW CC has never had a batch sequence command for automatically running multiple saved queries one-after-the-other.  The user would need to do that manually or use other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear as you are unable to run a sequence of find & replace queries at a time in multiple files. You can find all search terms across multiple documents, within the folder or within your site. Please check this article Find and replace text, tags, and attributes

I also found out some previous discussions like your query on forums. would you mind checking these links?

I would request you to share your feedback on our Adobe Dreamweaver feedback link.

Here is the UserVoice link: Adobe Dreamweaver: Feature Ideas

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions, so they can be implemented in future releases.

Please let us know if you need more info on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can find no solution to my issue.
On the other hand my issue seems to be well known and already identified by others in the past for more than ten years.

By the way I am looking for running  a sequence of find & replace queries on multiple files.
I can only hope for a soon future solution - maybe a new extension?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Save & Load Search Queries

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Nancy - but your link is not relevant in this case as I am running Dreamweaver 19.1.
I can only hope for an extension to be created in the future - enabling to run automatically a sequence of find & replace queries on multiple files.

Or how can I create such an extension myself combining the 14 find & replace queries which I need to run at the time being?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No extension needed.  I'm also using the latest version of DW CC. 

Use keyboard shortcut Crl + Shift + F to bring up the Find & Replace panel.   See screenshot.

On the far right, notice those  2 icons for saving and loading search queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was how " to run automatically a sequence of find & replace queries on multiple files." not how to load a search query.

E.g concatenate a number of queries into one queriy, so you run one thing once, not 14 things one after another...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not answer the OP’s question at all. They want to run multiple find/replace queries with a single click. Being able to save a single query is useless, because you still need to then load each one separately, which ultimately saves very little time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please - my issue is that I want to run a sequence of find & replace queries automatically - so, not just one query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perbuchlarsen  a écrit

Please - my issue is that I want to run a sequence of find & replace queries automatically - so, not just one query.

to read your question, I have an ergonomic problem, at least using the DW interface... imagine that it is possible to do different searches one after the other in the form of batch processing...

how would you manage the results since the latter would necessarily refresh the presult panel, and so delete the previous ones.

it should be possible, as Sublime Text allows, to save each set of results in a separate document, with the query at the top, in order to know who corresponds to what, but DW doesn't handle this (despite the large number of feature requests I have posted on this subject for years....)

as it stands, I repeat, I think your question raises above all an ergonomics problem for Dreamweaver... or perhaps that I didn't understand it in the way you asked it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

Maybe I misunderstood the question, and certainly misinterpreted your answer (which is marked correct).

how do you do it from save/load queries, to automatically execute several queries one after the other?....

thanks for your feedback

have a pleasant day

birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC has never had a batch sequence command for automatically running multiple saved queries one-after-the-other.  The user would need to do that manually or use other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact I thought that was the OP question...

the question said "... but unfortunately it looks like I am forced to run them one at the time..." 

thats's why when I saw answer marked as correct... I was happy to find out how to run multiple queries in one sequence... as we did by the old age at Macromedia's time when we was able to save a recording command , command itself made by the concatenation of multiple queries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines