Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change websites folders in bulk

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've got about 1500 websites in a folder, which are all configured with Dreamweaver.

Because of Dropbox, the name of the folder has changed, so the path for each website has also changed. Is there any way to change the Dreamweaver configuration of all the websites at once, or I need to do it one by one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Well, I'm not quite sure that switching to github is a transparent solution, without having your own git server somewhere, because I don't think hosting 1000+ websites can be possible to host using a free solution.

Personally, in my own workflow, I have quite a few websites 100+ in production and almost all of them are bricks that other teams use through Dreamweaver. Therefore and to avoid keeping an infinite list of sites in the DW IDE, I only use.STE configuration files.

on a protected space I s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually keeping your local site folders in Dropbox?   I don't work that way.  I keep my sites on my primary hard drive.  And I make copies for dropbox or external drives.

To answer your question about bulk renaming site folders, I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for your answer
my local sites are in Dropbox, so that my colleagues can work on them too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Git might be a better option.  

Learn how to download and use Git with Dreamweaver CC.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm not quite sure that switching to github is a transparent solution, without having your own git server somewhere, because I don't think hosting 1000+ websites can be possible to host using a free solution.

Personally, in my own workflow, I have quite a few websites 100+ in production and almost all of them are bricks that other teams use through Dreamweaver. Therefore and to avoid keeping an infinite list of sites in the DW IDE, I only use.STE configuration files.

on a protected space I systematically store these configuration files there. changing the file paths within these files results in a replacement system operation, for my part (and you will certainly laugh) I use Director (from macromedia) to perform mass file manipulations in a very flexible way.

Anyway, this is the track I would use, so in short..... export all your sites as.STE. Change the paths in batch processing (Note PAD+++ must do this perfectly)... and reimport your STE with the new paths...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines