• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a "child" page from Template? (Dreamweaver 20)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed to Dreamweaver version 20 today. It looks very nice interface.

Previously I have been using old version CS5 which I purchased many years ago.

Previously, after creating a template page, I would go back to file create page, highlight template in the drop down box, and click create.

By doing so, I would be able to create unlimited child pages which would update when changes were made on the parent template.

I don't see any way to create child pages in version 20.

I called the "support" # . . . and the person said he "did not know how to create a child page". He put me on hold for 20 minutes (!!) then came back and asked if a supervisor could call me back.

Is this for REAL???   Is this the support I get for paying $30/mo to subscribe?  Incredible.

I THEN tried the adobe "chat" . . . the person said "send me a screen shot to " (an email address).

I think Adobe support has really 'tanked' since the older days when I used CS5

Well, I'll give it a shot here on the "forum" . . . and see if I can get a simple answer.

Thanks

I go to file, create new, when I select HTML . . . . I do not see any way to link this to a pre-existing template.

HOW DO I CREATE CHILD PAGES FROM A TEMPLATE IN DREAMWEAVER 20?

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

1. Hit Ctrl + N or go to File > New...
2. In the 1st column of the dialogue window that comes up, click the Site Templates option
3. Choose one of your Site Definitions from the second column
4. Choose one of the Template files for that site in the 3rd column. A thumbnail of the page will appear in the 4th column
5. Hit Create.

Adobe Customer Care (phone and chat) is really mostly there for billing, download and installation issues. Right or wrong, over the years, they've pretty much handed off all "

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hit Ctrl + N or go to File > New...
2. In the 1st column of the dialogue window that comes up, click the Site Templates option
3. Choose one of your Site Definitions from the second column
4. Choose one of the Template files for that site in the 3rd column. A thumbnail of the page will appear in the 4th column
5. Hit Create.

Adobe Customer Care (phone and chat) is really mostly there for billing, download and installation issues. Right or wrong, over the years, they've pretty much handed off all "how to do it" style issues to the user-to-user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

All I needed to know.

I appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be very surprised if customer care agents have ever used Dreamweaver.  That's not their job.  Adobe Customer Care is mainly for billing, activation and installation problems.   When you have a product question, come to the product forums.  We actually use the software.  And even if we don't know the answer to a question, we know where to find the answers.   Customer care agents are clueless in that regard. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah.

Excellent advice!  Thanks.

. . . . as the lop-sided man who, having had 1 overly-long leg shortened in a successful operation, exclaimed . . .so will I . . 

"I stand corrected !" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines