Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete/remove : Filter Recent Files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Dreamweaver. I am trying to make a website for my small business. So I tried to open new sites sevral times (I have at least 10 sites with different name). Some of them I deleted by deleting the root folder from my desktop. But every time I launch Dreamweaver I have a list of previously opened files which is confusing to me. How I can delete the files which shows up under "Filter Recent Files" when I start Dreamweaver?

Thanks

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the recent file history. 

If the Start Screen confuses you, turn it off from Edit > Preferences > General, Document Options. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually pretty straight forward: you can't delete them, but opening other documents will overwrite your last recent list with a new one. The list only holds 10 documents, so I open files from the Files Panel, effectively wiping out your previous docs from the list. 

(It's also good practice to let Dreamweaver know what you're doing from inside of the application by creating and using the Site Manager (to [re]set your working directory) and Files Panel (to move/delete content). If you delete or move folders in the File Explorer/Finder and not inside Dw, there's potential for broken links in your remaining files. If you move or delete files/folders inside the Files Panel, Dw will let you know that a link will need to be redirected. I know this isn't related to the Welcome Screen itself, but maybe helpful as you start to add and manage more site content in the application.)

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines