• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to design form with DW CC?

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched answer(s) on this forum but did not find any satisfactory one.

Until now, except for the form Contact, I presented only output from the content of a table, etc.

I need now to allow input from the users. Very simple, ok, but I would like to really design a form, that is to say: not only dragging and dropping fields but moving them on a continuously way to a given position, expecting that the html code would be adjusted in accordance with this move; attach a list box (list of values coming from a DB for example, but the problem is not there using  PHP) and that the list of values appears when clicking or moving on the field, no matter it is empty, contains a dummy or values, no matter those values are coming from.

To sum up, I would like a Form Designer worthy of this name, such as those that Oracle and even Access offer. So Dreamweaver would deserve its reputation. It is almost certain that I have not noticed all the possibilities that this product offers. I am still a beginner (nearly).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

nicoled94356575  wrote

To sum up, I would like a Form Designer worthy of this name, such as those that Oracle and even Access offer. So Dreamweaver would deserve its reputation. It is almost certain that I have not noticed all the possibilities that this product offers. I am still a beginner (nearly).

Dreamweaver is not more than a dumb editor for html, css and javascript, and not a application programming tool.

What you describe is a form designed to display and manipulate database information, wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW is not a drag & drop, design tool.  

1. To get a quick start with forms, switch to Code View. 
  2. Open your Snippets panel -- Window > Snippets (Shift+F9). 
  3. Go to HTML Snippets > Quick Form or just type qform and hit the tab key.

Use your favorite responsive grid framework (Bootstrap, Skeleton or Foundation) to align form elements in rows and columns. 

Making Forms Fabulous with HTML5 - HTML5 Rocks

Skeleton: Responsive CSS Boilerplate

Skeleton Framework CSS Tutorials

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seemed well to me that I had not seen some dimensions of DW. Thank you for drawing my attention to these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicoled94356575  wrote

Dreamweaver is not more than a dumb editor for html, css and javascript, and not a application programming tool.

What you describe is a form designed to display and manipulate database information, which on the web is done mainly on the server, not in the browser, though you can use javascript to customize how the data is displayed.

All you have available is html form elements, and/or tables for the actual form creation. If you know what you are doing with html, css and javascript, then it is possible to build forms that match any created with Oracle or Access, but there is nothing 'out of the box' to help you do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines