• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icon color

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you change the color of the Dreamweaver icon? It is green so many years ....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's part of the new brand identity. 

https://theblog.adobe.com/evolving-our-brand-identity/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that but too bad it doesn't really explain why they changed the Dreamweaver icon color so drastically. I suppose it isn't really that important but I do know the answer to one thing for sure. I now have to "evolve" my work habits to stop clicking new Dreamweaver icon when I really mean to open InDesign. At least imho, the new Dw Icon has more in common with the old Id icon than the new Id icon does. Maybe it's just the old saying in action: Variety is the spice of life? 😉

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Adobe's branding agency needed to justify their existence.  

New icons from the Adobe Support Community page.New icons from the Adobe Support Community page.

Personally, I don't care much for the new Adobe "warmer red."  I think it has all the subtlety of a 5 alarm fire.  And if you ask me, the new borderless icons look anemic and indistinguishable. 

The high contrast green on green that we all know & love has been assigned to Aero, Captivate, Captivate Prime,  Connect & Dimension.   What do those 6 products have in common?  No idea. 

Pink on burgundy is the new color scheme for Adobe XD, Muse and Dreamweaver. 

While Animate and Edge Animate are frequently used for web projects, they share colors with video products like Premier.  Why?  No idea.

So if you're looking for a cohesive explanation for the new color choices, I don't think there is one.  Draw your own conclusions. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your first statement warrants further investigation. It would have been entertaining to be a fly on the wall when the design team expained their color choices and the benefits that outweighed breaking some fundamental UX/UI design 101 rules. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'It would have been entertaining to be a fly on the wall when the design team expained their color choices'

It's some bull•••••• in an agency getting one over on a 'wet behind the ears' Adobe employee, probably holds a pointless degree in marketing, of course, been in the job all of 30 seconds, whilst they should really be starting in the packing factory. Been there, seen it.....you get much wiser to corruption and verbal bilge as you get older. I just used to let them entertain me, then  politely show them the door.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree witgh don_einan. It is just awful and I really wish Adobe didn't change. Remember, if it's not broke, don't fix it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, you were on the right track:

Magenta: XD, Dw -> app.web design/development apps

Rose: InDesign, InCopy -> print/dig.pub apps

Lilac/Blue: Pr, Rush, Ae, Encoder, Animate, Ch Anim, etc. --> video/motion graphics apps

Green: Dimension, Aero, etc. -> 3D and AR apps

Also Green: Captivate, Connect --> eLearning apps

Blue: Ps, Ps Express, Camera, Fresco -> image manipulation (Photoshop family) apps

Orange: Ai, Draw, etc. -> illustration apps

White on Black: Acrobat, Bridge, Stock, etc.-> productivity apps

Blue on Checker: Beta apps

everything else: older applications

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's infuriating - I do exactly the same. It's one thing changing the green but to change it to the old indesign colour is insane from a branding point of view. Along with everything else, its like Abobe is engaging in gaslighting or perhaps civil disobedience. Just realised I've just spelt it Abobe - but hey a change is a good as a holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a rounded icon to follow the familly evolution but not change the color at the opposite of the palet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rounded applications were initially intended to imply there was both a desktop and mobile component to that app; now they've rounded everything, regardless of platform. *shrugs*

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats such a non-answer! Change it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you asked this; I came to the forum today to make a similar comment. I think the pink is a terrible choice. It's far too close to the InDesign color (especially since, for some reason, my InDesign icon did not update to the latest one even though I updated the app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's pointless .... just change it back to green ffs .....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working in Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the green icons, in case anyone wants them 😁😁😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did my owns that I put in the package of the software on my mac but not work.

It respects the new lines of Adobe but with old color!

Dreamweaver_256x256x32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions I gave are for Windows 10.

I don't have a Mac anymore, but I have used these instructions in the past to change icons for MacOS programs...

https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/17/change-mac-icons/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did works for the main icon but not working in the dock, have to put it somewhere else.

I tried to do multiple png in an iconset but not working, is some one have an idea?

iconutil says that it can't write the file and all software online convert individually all png.

Looking for utility that put multiple png in ONE iconset (.icns) file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran, le 2020-07-02 à 10.12.26.png

Got it!! Don't forget that you have two place to change it! You can drag and drop too.

Capture d’écran, le 2020-07-02 à 10.14.50.png

You can use https://cloudconvert.com/png-to-icns to convert those png in icns that I linked.

Dreamweaver_1024x1024x32.png

DreamweaverFolder_1024x1024x32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

top idea - dont eh same - sick of opening Indesign!!!

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 17.08.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love too that it go back to near green color!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mentioned getting into the application package I made up two icon replacement files. Both use the old colors and new shape in multiple sizes however one version has the border like before and one doesn't. Quit Dreamweaver if it is open and remove the icon from you dock or any aliases you have created for the app. Open the Dreamweaver app package and navigate to the Resources folder within the Contents folder. Look for and replace the file named "Dreamweaver.icns" with one of the files from the download link below. You may want to save a backup copy of the original just in case.

Download the new icns files here. Look for the download icon in the upper right corner and click that to start the download. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty close in green colour, new icon style... download here. Someone will have to test if the Mac icon works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines