• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer Stuck

Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - I don't use Windows often, but I'm hoping someone has come across this before and may have a solution.  I have a Win 10 computer that the CC App crashed and wouldn't update anything anymore. So I tried to uninstall and it failed.  So I used the cleaner tool and proceeded to re-install the Cloud App.  But everytime it gets stuck whether I download the package by instelf or if I try to download an app (ie: Dreamweaver) with the package.

Also I did check the log file at C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and the log doesn't have an error as is like it was frozen too.

Any thoughts about what could be done to help get the installer moving again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, ensure your computer exceeds the minimum system requirements.  I think you need Win10 (1803 or higher) and a user profile with administrative level permissions.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Second, downloading & installing is a 3 step process. If it stalls, something is getting in the way.  The log files will tell you exactly where things are breaking down.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html

Use the special CC desktop App uninstaller.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version of Creative Cloud Desktop do you have, do you run an update for it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I was able to finally get this working again after a few frustrating days.  Basically what I ended up doing was going into the common files and deleting anything related to the creative cloud desktop.  I'm not sure exactly what caused this issue, but I do recall our IT team updated security policies, however, I was always an admin with raised privileges due to needing things like local servers and other software installed.  The feeling I was getting is that something in my previous install wasn't removed properly after my issues started, but by manually deleting the related files, it allowed the installer to write where it needed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines