Highlighted

Is Dreamweaver good for beginners?

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Name is Steven Lash San Diego,I'm going to start the work on dreamweaver, Is this easy for beginners. I have just it couple of years back now going to reuse this software. Can anyone suggest me the best way to start it with.

Regards,

Steven Lash San Diego

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Dreamweaver good for beginners?

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Name is Steven Lash San Diego,I'm going to start the work on dreamweaver, Is this easy for beginners. I have just it couple of years back now going to reuse this software. Can anyone suggest me the best way to start it with.

Regards,

Steven Lash San Diego

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW assumes the user has a fairly decent grasp of HTML, CSS and Javascript (and now the ins and outs of Bootstrap) in order to make the most of it. It's a fairly difficult program for beginners with a very steep learning curve.

If you want to learn how to make websites, don't start out by "choosing the software". Software can only take you so far and everything available is limited in some way. Learning HTML and how it works with CSS will give you a page. Javascript will allow you to make the page "do something" and later, once all of those are under your belt, a server-side language like PHP will help you create dynamic, database driven sites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats your goal? Are you interested in pursuing a career in web development or just passing through wanting to create the one off website and dont much care about coding or what code the software you use creates. Do you want to create a simple static website or one which uses a database (dynamic). Do you want to specifically use Dreamweaver because its available to you or are you open to alternative suggestions.

The answers will go some way to narrowing down what the best options could be. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi & welcome Steven,

Are a hammer & chisel good for beginners?  Probably not.  But if you want to be a sculptor, you must start somewhere, right?  😍

Dreamweaver is just a tool. Your success with tools depends on your skills and willingness to practice code. Starting out is never easy.  But it can be very rewarding. Remember, tools don't build web sites; people do.  So learn everything you can before you open Dreamweaver.

Read chapters, complete code exercises, take quizzes at the end.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 1