• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with no HUD showing.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in the Classroom in a Book 2017 edition, and cannot get the HUD to display when trying to edit the Navbar in a Bootstrap layout. For awhile I couldn't get the Navbar to show in Live mode, but I do now have that. I have the latest version installed of Dreamweaver 2018, and I am on Windows 10. Anyone had a similar issue or can point me in right direction? I have contacted Adobe support thru online chat twice, and they are no help so far. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Things to verify...

1. Working from a Defined Site

2. Working with a saved document (within that defined site)

3. Working in Live View (not accidentally in Design)

4. Check for code errors. If your code is confusing DW due to a missing end tag for, say, the <title> it may appear broken. visit http://validator.w3.org/nu for a listing of any code issues. Fix any structural errors found there and it may start working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "the HUD".

Also, you should probably make sure you're using the same version as your learning resources.

CC2017 and CC2018 have some differences.

If you're a CC Subscriber, you can install CC2017 as well as 2018, so you can use the correct version of the program for your book...

Open the CC Desktop App
Click the Apps tab
Click the small triangle next to DW's icon
Choose Other Versions
Download and install CC 2017

That will be a better match for the work you're doing. It may be that what you expect to see just isn't in the latest version when compared to the book's version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

I'm not sure what you mean by "the HUD".

HUD = Head Up Display.

It is the name used in the w3c specs for what Dw uses in its live view to outline an element and present the user with the 'blue' box for selecting id's, classes, etc.

It was originally developed by Microsoft back in IE5, (improved on in IE6), then incorporated in other browsers with little change since then. It is not an Adobe Dw 'invention' as many users think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I have tried that and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to verify...

1. Working from a Defined Site

2. Working with a saved document (within that defined site)

3. Working in Live View (not accidentally in Design)

4. Check for code errors. If your code is confusing DW due to a missing end tag for, say, the <title> it may appear broken. visit http://validator.w3.org/nu for a listing of any code issues. Fix any structural errors found there and it may start working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jon's suggestion of checking the code for errors is spot on. You can do so from within Dreamweaver by going to File > Validate > Check Current Document (W3C).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't see the HUD, it's possible that you have turned off Live View Displays.

• Go to the View Menu
  • Hover over Live View Options
  • Make sure there is no check mark alongside Hide Live View Displays. If there is, click that option to turn Live View Displays back on.

Live View Displays can be toggled on and off using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+H (Windows) or Ctrl+Cmd+H (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but that is not the issue. I have installed both the 2018 and 2017 version to match my text, even had my instructor look at the issue, and there seems to be more going on. No one so far can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines