Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jquery Image effects and jquery vertical menu bar issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver CC2019 from CS5.5 when my old computer died. I had quite a large site building with Jquery image effects to blow up the images and Spry vertical menu bars. Spry has gone so I purchased a jquery Vertical menu bar which went on to pages OK but now I find the j queryImage Effects will not work on the same page. The image comes up correctly in the browsers but as soon as I add image effects it disappears from the browsers. Any ideas please?

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Only 1 jQuery code library is allowed per document.  If you have 2 different plugins that each require a different jQuery library, you will have conflicts.  Ideally, all plugins should work with the latest stable release of jQuery.  As of this writing, that is the one below.

<script   src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js"   integrity="sha256-CSXorXvZcTkaix6Yvo6HppcZGetbYMGWSFlBw8HfCJo="   crossorigin="anonymous">

</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 was a long time ago.  How about posting a URL to the problem page so we can see what's going on?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only 1 jQuery code library is allowed per document.  If you have 2 different plugins that each require a different jQuery library, you will have conflicts.  Ideally, all plugins should work with the latest stable release of jQuery.  As of this writing, that is the one below.

<script   src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js"   integrity="sha256-CSXorXvZcTkaix6Yvo6HppcZGetbYMGWSFlBw8HfCJo="   crossorigin="anonymous">

</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy, I have spent days trying to get them both on a page, I thought it was something that I was doing wrong but I am now going to try to find something else to simply enlarge the images. Best wishes, Una

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were to supply a link to the page in question someone would be able to advise you. These days, depending on the complexity of what it is you require, then css can often be used to achieve an effect when once javascript or jQuery was required.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

My new computer proved faulty and was returned to HP, a whole month turnaround! I am very sorry to be so long in replying. I have at last got everything back on it but my problem with trying to use both Vertical Menus and Image Effects on a page remains. All I want is something very simple to enlarge an image without resorting to a simple link, if I can only use one jquery I would prefer to keep the Vertical Menus. Any ideas please?

Best wishes

Una 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II like the Fancybox 3 image viewer.  It provides a nice experience for mobile users.   I have a live example below.  View source to see the code.

https://alt-web.com/GALLERY/Masonry-Gallery.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for that Nancy, 

It does look really good. I do wonder if it will work on the same page as my Vertical Menu or if it will again give a Jquery conflict as did the Image Effects? 

Kind regards,

Una

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to try it and see. But a vertical menu is easy to create with basic HTML and CSS code.  Unless you're doing something really fancy, you don't even need jQuery. 

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_vertical_menu.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the issue you will encounter when using newer and older jquery solutions. Newer jquery solutions will most often use or require a newer version of the jquery library which then may be incompatible with older jquery solutions/plugins. You probably now need to find an alternative jquery solution for your image effects or try both plugins with the older jquery library. Sometimes you get lucky but dont set up a conflict by using different versions of the jquery library on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I have had the image effects solutions4websites has been around for some years and I was trying to run it on the same page as the Vertical Menu. I need to just find something else to do a simple blow up of the images on each page I think as I don't want to disturb the menus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines