Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate pages from Sharepoint designer to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am interested in Dreamweaver to continue to design my existing webpages (www.endtimeharvestrevival.org  ) that I did before with the program SharePoint Designer. But it's not working good anymore and there are no newer version available.

I like to know the purchase price and if I can transform my existing pages from SharePoint designer into Dreamweaver Page in an easy way, there I do have many pages designed. If so I like to start with a trial, and if that is working out great, I will buy. My @ mail is ------------  and I just opened an account under Paulus --------- ---------or Phone ----------.

Thank you for your time

[This is a community forumā€”personal information was removed for your protection.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Dreamweaver doesn't support Frames.  Your framed website will have to be re-built without frames and responsively to work well in mobile & tablet devices.   You will need to create or find a good responsive layout to work with.  Then you will need to copy and paste old text into the new layout.

Step 1 -  Define a site.

Go to Site > New Site and enter a folder name for your project.   For example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Step 2 - Starter Page

Go to File > New > Starter Templates.   Select one and hit Create

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulus - I wouldn't recommend Dreamweaver as a replacement to Sharepoint Designer if you are using a version of Sharepoint that still supports it. I don't believe the newer versions of Sharepoint 365.  For basic HTML/CSS you can try DW, but I would download the demo that Barb pointed to and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver doesn't support Frames.  Your framed website will have to be re-built without frames and responsively to work well in mobile & tablet devices.   You will need to create or find a good responsive layout to work with.  Then you will need to copy and paste old text into the new layout.

Step 1 -  Define a site.

Go to Site > New Site and enter a folder name for your project.   For example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Step 2 - Starter Page

Go to File > New > Starter Templates.   Select one and hit Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Save your newly created starter page (Ctrl / Cmd + S) and name it index.html.

Open the Files Panel ( Window > Files or F8)  to see the site files and assets.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Post back if you have questions.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines