• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nav bar links/ layers

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Dreamweaver tutorial titled "Use Cascading Sytle Sheets (CSS) to position elements on your web pages and apply color in Adobe Dreamweaver by Daniel Walter Scott,"  I am finding that I cannot get my nav bar links to work while they are within the hero heading. Instead they have to be placed in their own section. Is this a common problem with nav bars and what is the best solution? It seems to be layered on top of the hero section in the tutorial, but that will not work for me.

Mahalo,

Lane Davey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not matter where the links are located, they should always work. If they do not work, then there is some coding problem. Please upload the site to a (temporary) remote location and give us a link to it. Alternatively, copy and paste the code here so that we can see what is going wrong.

Having said that, "in web design, a hero image is a large web banner image, prominently placed on a web page, generally in the front and center. The hero image is often the first visual element a visitor encounters on the site; it presents an overview of the site's most important content." As such it should not contain a navigation bar.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this is the tutorial

Lay out and style web pages with CSS |

It shows the site navigation inside the <header> and above the hero image.

Are you working with the practice files?

Can you paste your HTML and CSS code in a web forum reply for us to look at?  Don't use e-mail, it won't come through.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. okay, I think I have it functioning in the header outside of the hero content now.

I will try to get the website up soon and so that I can share the code.

Mahalo,

LaneSki

Lane Davey

[personal info removed by Moderator]

“May the force be with you”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines