• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

node.js server-side javascript has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Dreamweaver CC 19.2.1 on Windows 7, and suddenly started receiving this error out of nowhere, "node.js server-side javascript has stopped working". I don't use the cloud, I just synchronize from my computer to the site server. I can synch fine, the program works, it just this error message pops open and closes every 5 seconds or so which is exteremly irritating. Can you imagine? I didn't do anything different or download any new versions, it just started popping up constantly nonstop, over and over. There is old posts about this, but I don't see an actual solved answer for it. It does this on any Dreamweaver 19 or 18 versions. There is no longer older versions availible for 17 or 16, I have checked, but I still have version 15 on my computer which works fine without this error, but of course I prefer the newest version Dreamweaver CC 19.2.1. Why does this error happen on versions of 19 and 18 but not 15? Why is this happening, how do I stop it or fix it? Thank you.

--Thayvian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting this issue yesterday with AE2017 and AI22.1 on Windows 7 (Im using older versions as my grapics card prevents new versions from starting up, but thats a different story!)  Ive looked at various blogs and the simplest workaround for me was to close down my libraries window.  Currently its seems to be solving the issue when using AE and AI....hopefully I've not jinxed it! For AE I just closed the libraries window, but with AI I had to open a file, close the library window, resave the file, and close down the app so the libray window isn't active when you open. Hope its the same with dreamweaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from Germany.
Since 3 hours I have the same problem. It came out of nowhere. Before that everything worked with the latest DW version. All attempts to fix the bug failed. It is impossible to continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere CC 2018 and today this issue began for me as well. About every 8 seconds the error message appears and is the foreground task so there is no buffering of keystrokes or gestural actions. It simply takes over the computer for .5 seconds and makes productivity nearly impossible. Even typing this response is difficult. If I exit Premiere, the problem stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what is happenning to me. At least you guys are confirming that this is not an isolated event, it also confirms the problem is NOT on my computer or any of my settings and it actually confirms the problem points to something going on over at Adobe servers. I had to seek and find an older version 2015.0 and it works normal without this issue, but I don't like that version, but it could help others out temporarily until Adobe itself can resolve this stupid problem. I live in Vegas, but surely many people are having the problem, not just us 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see correct answer in this related discussion.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Node-js-Server-side-JavaScript-has-stopped-working/m-p/82...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines