• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version of MX dreamweaver. Need help please

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently was told my website is going out of business and I need to move my site however when i go to load dreamweaver it wont register now because those register servers are not there anymore.. support told me that just because i bought 5 other versions of all their software for years i need to get the new subsctption version.. I dont want to spend money on it if it wont work with my old site.. any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Yes.  Filezilla + Brackets is a much better option than fussing around with an outdated Macromedia MX from 2004/06 which may or may not work on a modern operating system.

That said however,  you can try loading MX with the special serial number provided near the bottom of this link.  Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, if you own a license that you paid for, then it is illegal (not to mention immoral) that Adobe would not allow you to use it. I would contact Adobe customer service by phone, and if you get the same response, demand to speak to a representative based in the United States. I believe they have measures in place for old CS version validation, but they should also allow installation of older Macromedia versions since they did purchase the damn company.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need DW to go get your site from the hosting company.

You can use the free Filezilla Client to connect via FTP with your hosting company and download your entire site from there. Get a new hosting company and upload the newly downloaded material.

You could also use the free Brackets editor if you don't want/can't afford to buy DW at http://brackets.io.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Filezilla + Brackets is a much better option than fussing around with an outdated Macromedia MX from 2004/06 which may or may not work on a modern operating system.

That said however,  you can try loading MX with the special serial number provided near the bottom of this link.  Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much!  The serial was accepted and worked.. I dont want to use dreamweaver anymore.. Just need to make a change to the site asap... then moving it to a new host and using something else to build.. !! THanks Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you actually need to register Dw mx, providing the serial number was entered and accepted, one just closed the reminder to register, and carried on using it.

Due to the age of mx, you may encounter problems using the built in ftp functions. If so then try using a program such as filezilla for ftp transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines