• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published site's CSS changes in Chrome but in Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera it is exactly as seen in Dw preview.

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having designed a site in Dreamweaver, I previewed it in Chrome and in other browsers it is exactly as in Dw design. Then I published the site;

The result in Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera is exactly as it is in the previews. But in Chrome there are certain changes to styling.

Help needed to learn where to start looking for the issue which results in such changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Run your page through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu and clean up the errors it finds. Display issues between browsers can often be caused by html errors, and you have a fair number of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you give some exemple of code where you can figure out the changes that you talk about ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inserting here two images- the image on chrome has changed; it is not exactly as designed with Dw.

site-on-chrome.png

The above image is the site displayed on chrome.

The other image (below) is from Edge and it is exactly as designed on Dw.

site-on-other-browsers.png

You may see the site: https://www.perforktechnologies.com

Please note that I am just a learner, whatever I have put in is self learned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run your page through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu and clean up the errors it finds. Display issues between browsers can often be caused by html errors, and you have a fair number of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, indeed. It will take a while for me to get the faults rectified; I'll get back once everything is set right.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines