• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Errors/Warnings which may not be applicable?

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dreamweaver team,

I recently purchased a rather cool Media Player app with a variety of options (allows me to set-up a video-player in different ways, etc.). Here's the example I'm just playing with for now. Anyways, after I installed it it comes with a designer html where I put in preferences and it spews out the head and body code for me. It's rather cool. In the body section where each video data-path line is, it comes out under 'single quotes'. As a result every video gets a Revoval Errors/Warnings in that tab box. Here's the exact reading: "The value of attribute [data-path] must be in double quotes"

and it's referring each to these lines per video (example line 809):

data-path='[{"quality": "SD", "mp4": "media/video/02.mp4"}..."720p", "mp4": "media/video/02.mp4"}]'

I sent a message to whom I bought the application from and asked about the sigular quotes...they told me to just ignore them. So I thought I'd ask here if there was a way to possibly remove the Errors/Warning if we don't find them feasible? Especially if I end up creating 20+ videos on a page? I'd much rather see other warning or errors which need to be instantly addressed.

TOPICS
Bootstrap , Code , Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

DW's Linter (the error reporting function) also has a bunch of things it will report as errors, but are more "code inconsistencies". It's an annoyance, but thankfully can now be fixed from within the program...

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Linting
2. Click the HTML option in the list to highlight it
3. Click the Edit and Apply Changes button
4. In the file that opens, the third option is...
    "attr-value-double-quotes": true,
    Change true to false...
    "attr-value-double-quotes": false, 
5. Save

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW's Linter (the error reporting function) also has a bunch of things it will report as errors, but are more "code inconsistencies". It's an annoyance, but thankfully can now be fixed from within the program...

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Linting
2. Click the HTML option in the list to highlight it
3. Click the Edit and Apply Changes button
4. In the file that opens, the third option is...
    "attr-value-double-quotes": true,
    Change true to false...
    "attr-value-double-quotes": false, 
5. Save and close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jon Fritz II!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines