• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select multiple cells in a table not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Dreamweaver 2020 and I was trying to select multiple cells in a new table and it was not possible like in DW 2018. 

I want to select some cells to merge. Something changed in the way to select multiple cells in 2020 or there is a problem with the new version?

TOPICS
Code , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

In my CC2020 on Windows 10, I have no issue selecting multiple table cells in Design View...

cells.jpg

With the new Live View Editor enhancements, it's easier than ever to accidentally work in Live View. If you're seeing blue tag tabs and outlines, you're in Live...

cell2.jpg

...where you need to click on the Table tag's "hamburger menu" to enter into table editing mode to select multiple cells...

cell3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Design View.  But just so you know, nobody uses tables for layouts anymore.  CSS has a lot more flexibility for modern web devices. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using design view, and I need to set some tables for database output, not for layout. DW is the best software to work with tables in my opinion, I use DW almost only for tables.

For layout I use Grid and Flexbox in code writing software. I wish Dreamweaver manage CSS Grid and Flexbox as easy as tables. The point is, the new version of DW just don't work as the last one. I'm doing something wrong or DW needs some fixing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my CC2020 on Windows 10, I have no issue selecting multiple table cells in Design View...

cells.jpg

With the new Live View Editor enhancements, it's easier than ever to accidentally work in Live View. If you're seeing blue tag tabs and outlines, you're in Live...

cell2.jpg

...where you need to click on the Table tag's "hamburger menu" to enter into table editing mode to select multiple cells...

cell3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that was the problem. I was thinking I was in Design view. Thanks for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the following code, I am able to select 3 cells in Design view and merge them.  This is plain ordinary HTML5 code.

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Table Test</title>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
</head>

<body>
<table width="600" border="1" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

</body>
</html>

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines