• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select text only from tag without dragging

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I select the text inside of an element in the code view without selecting the beginning or end tags and without drag-selecting.  I have spent hours chasing bugs that come from grabbing a '>' when trying to select text.  There should be a keyboard shortcut but I have searched forums, google, and the documentation and can't seem to find one.

example:

<p>some text</p>

select the text (for copy, delete etc) without getting the <p> and </p>tags.

I am sure the answer is obvious but I haven't found anyone else who has asked the question.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

I know Atom has that function, but I'm reasonably sure DW does not. It's possible there's some undocumented, unchangeable keyboard shortcut, but the option to select tag contents in code view via shortcut doesn't exist in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel.

There's an extension for Brackets that can add it there, but I don't know of a way to add Brackets extensions to the somewhat watered down version of it in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Atom has that function, but I'm reasonably sure DW does not. It's possible there's some undocumented, unchangeable keyboard shortcut, but the option to select tag contents in code view via shortcut doesn't exist in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel.

There's an extension for Brackets that can add it there, but I don't know of a way to add Brackets extensions to the somewhat watered down version of it in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reverted to 2017.0 and don't have this problem.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines