• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Text of Container making Dreamweaver crash

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working on this page where I have three separate divs. In Div 1 is a list of names. Div two is supposed to contain the contact information and div 3 has an image. I have it set that when you click on one of the items in DIV 1 the image in DIV  changes thanks to the swap behavior. Now, I've done it before where I can swap content using "Set Text of Container" and that's what I'm trying to do in DIV2. So when you click on a list item in DIV 1 the image changes DIV 3 and the text changes in DIV 2 .

My problem is that whenever I try to add the "Set Text..." behavior Dreamweaver crashes. I have refreshed, rebooted and so on, still it crashes. Does anyone know of a different way I can swap the text in DIV 2 onClick? It's a lot of text with different styling so I can't use something as simple as this: Tryit Editor v3.5 . Unless there's a way to use that and also style the various headers and links that need to be displayed. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

I used a modified version of this: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle and was able to get it to work. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it will work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to do what you want (there should be 4-5 people along shortly to give you 8-10 ways to do it), but I suspect DW is just choking on code errors, and changing the method may not change the results for you.

Have you validated your code to make sure you aren't doing something silly, like using the same IDs in multiple containers on the same page?

Run the validation tool under File > Validate > Current Document (W3C) or go to http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing of any issues you might have in your crashing page.

DW requires your code to be clean and valid. Cleaning up code missteps might just clear up the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have validated the code. That's not the issue. And literally, it happens right when I click on the behavior. As in, it hasn't even been added. I go to behaviors, scroll to the one I want, click it and the program crashes. I can add other versions of the "set text" such as status bar and text field. It's only when I try to click on the "of container" that it crashes. I'm going to check it on another computer to see if that's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have and it didn't help. I've also attempted to add the behavior using a different computer and it still crashed the moment you clicked on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance of uploading the site so that we can have a look at it.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used a modified version of this: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle and was able to get it to work. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it will work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines