Highlighted

SFTP - An FTP error occurred - Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen a few people with this error but not a solution that seems to work.

Using SFTP I get the following error:

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host.
Your login or password is incorrect. Please check your connection information.

From the same computer & with the same server / login details WinSCP makes a connection no problem. Turning off Windows Firewall makes no difference.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

It includes the SFTP connection issue fix, Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2018 and 2017 releases of Dreamweaver

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Topics

Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SFTP - An FTP error occurred - Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen a few people with this error but not a solution that seems to work.

Using SFTP I get the following error:

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host.
Your login or password is incorrect. Please check your connection information.

From the same computer & with the same server / login details WinSCP makes a connection no problem. Turning off Windows Firewall makes no difference.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Topics

Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell us the hosting server provider that you are trying to connect to?

Also, if you could mention the list of ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms that the server supports- this will help us in debug the issue better?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking/unchecking passive FTP and/or FTP performance optimization to see if changes to those settings have any impact.  Also, next time you try to connect, can you open the FTP Log (Sites--> Advanced --> FTP Log) and see what the technical error is that is returned by DW?

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell us the hosting server provider that you are trying to connect to?

Also, if you could mention the list of ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms that the server supports- this will help us in debug the issue better?

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the responses - that link doesn't work for me though. My current version is 10155.

My hosting provider is 34sp.com. Their response was "Unfortunately DreamWeaver's SSL protocols are outdated and I don't think they can be patched sadly. We've not had any success with getting it connected to our WordPress hosting and still maintaining our security levels." I can ask for more details re. ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure as to why the link does not open for you. What happens when you open the link, do you see an error message? Can you try on a different computer if you can?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It says:

Access denied

Either you do not have access to this site or we are unable to process your request at this time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try this one instead? It worked for another user.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C 95AA-6274...

Please try the SFTP connection with DW. We will be looking forward to hear back from you.

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jhisaza LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends:

I got this error in DW CC2020 in windows 10, and the FTP problem using (explicit FTP encryption with TLS) was solved by allowing public and private in firewall for "Node. js Server_side Java Script".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group