• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source and CSS pages disappear on opening website.

Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustratingly, this is the fourth time in two weeks that I have had to uninstall and re-install Dreamweaver 2018.  When I close the site, complete with all the coding and CSS completed. I save it in Save, save all related files etc. It should be ready for further work next morning. You would think. But no. When Dw opens it lists HTML files, (Not site names?) which when clicked reports that the files cannot be found - in the last couple of instances I had a site opening with the header graphics in place, nav in place, the DOM listing all items and viewable in Chrome but the Source page (HTML Code)  or Split view page is blank beneath the header & nav, there is only a white area where my coding of yesterday should be showing.

Another issue is that when I create a desktop folder and put in my SVG, jpegs etc they are not recognized as belonging to the site when I try to insert them.

This is not an encouraging start for my learning of this program.

I am typing this while I once again install Dreamweaver.

I am using an HP all-in-one pavilion 64 bit with Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Thank you osgood.  My problem was traced to a copy I had made of the site folder which was causing a conflict between dreamsite and dreamsite 2.  It would be better if Dw could have a site delete facility.  I have about 6 sites listed that can not be found but still appear.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that you have not defined a site for your Dreamweaver project. To learn how, please see Project overview and site setup |

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appeal to the experts regarding a frustrating issue.  I have been working all week on a website in which the site was correctly defined.  During the week I was experiencing jQuery issues and I managed to send a zipped up copy to my tutor who opened the site and made no comment regarding site definition; I assume he would have noticed if anything was wrong.

It was OK when I saved and closed the site last night but now, except for the heading and mobile navigation there is no html, css scripts available - only a white background. I have double checked the folder and all looks shipshape.

I have noticed when opening Dw that the times given listing previous activities have been wildly represented.

It's common knowledge that I am but a beginner in this wonderful program but Is this a known bug in the 2018 edition? Or is there some thing I need to click that will restore the site to the state it was in eight hours ago?  I note that 'Revert' is not available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brushwipe  wrote

It was OK when I saved and closed the site last night but now, except for the heading and mobile navigation there is no html, css scripts available - only a white background. I have double checked the folder and all looks shipshape.

Are you saying when you click on 'code view' in Dreamweaver there is no code or are you saying when you look at the page in Design View there is just a white page or maybe you are saying when you view it in a browser there is only a white page, which one?

If you are seeing the heading and mobile navigation but nothing after that then that would indicate a coding error in the page assuming the code is there which is why you need to open code view and check that it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you osgood.  My problem was traced to a copy I had made of the site folder which was causing a conflict between dreamsite and dreamsite 2.  It would be better if Dw could have a site delete facility.  I have about 6 sites listed that can not be found but still appear.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines