• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Git Push button has a notification. What does it mean?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to push a Git commit to a remote fork.

Even though I have made a push, there is a notification 'circle' on the Push icon.

gitissue.jpg

It's worth noting that the Push did not add any files to the remote repository.

If you have run into this issue, could you solve this issue? What does the notification mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

halfmut  wrote

The repository doesn't include the more recent commits. My sense is that the repository is three commits behind.

That is why you see the 3 as in

gitissue.jpg

The 'Nothing to commit...' message refers to the local copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any added files from your working space to be commited ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, according to Dreamweaver there are no files left to be committed.

The line of text in the dialog box says, 'Nothing to commit, the working directory is clean.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the remote to see if the files have been added to the repository?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The repository doesn't include the more recent commits. My sense is that the repository is three commits behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

halfmut  wrote

That is why you see the 3 as in

gitissue.jpg

The 'Nothing to commit...' message refers to the local copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this makes sense. After I made this post, I kept trying to make new commits and everytime a new commit was made the number incremented by 1.

So, the number above the Push button does refer to the number of commits made and are stored locally but have yet to be pushed to a remote repository.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

halfmut  wrote

So, the number above the Push button does refer to the number of commits made and are stored locally but have yet to be pushed to a remote repository.

Correct. Glad it's sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it matter if the remote repository that Dreamweaver is trying to update is a separate fork than the master?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the product team. Please stay tuned for a response. Send me a message if you don't hear from us in the next couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have local repository of site on your machine?

Also please make sure that you are checking the correct branch after making changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a local repository on my machine but I did notice that there was a difference in the fork Dreamweaver was loading files from and the fork that I meant to Push towards. Once the pulldown menu was switched to the fork that the files were meant to commit to, the files were pushed there without any issue.

*slaps forehead*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines