• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The media query CSS controls in Dreamweaver do not respond ...

Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Dreamweaver and am following a tutorial dealing with inserting a hamburger.  I have the hamburger inserted in one of two divs within the header.  The other div controls the regular navigation ul content.  My selectors for the 400 max and the 401 to 768 work for inserting background colors into the header. I have chosen to color the three sizes differently in order to more easily check the cut off breakpoints.  The header is 1200 max width and colored black, while the others are red and green respectively.

My problem is that while I can set both mobile and tablet to display 'none' in global but when testing in the browser they remain invisible.  Two days ago they were behaving correctly but I noticed other files were behaving strangely or were absent.  I suspected a bug and uninstalled Dreamweaver then reinstalled the program. I observed that the global setting work satisfactorily but the media queries settings were not working as hoped.

I attach a screenshot of my coding.  The ul nav doesn't respond when setting to none in 401 - 768px nor does the burger if set to block. media queries issue.PNG

Has anyone else noticed any problems with the latest release of Dreamweaver 2018 edition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Also did you try using the W3C validator?

How to optimize and debug code in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is merely a text editor, it does not cause a failure in a program. The solution to your problem has to be sought in the code, both HTML and CSS.

For us to be able to help you, you will need to copy and paste te code here

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks to all who replied.  I managed to get it working. Trouble is the curve for me is quite steep but what the hell.  I am left with sorting out a load of irrelevant selectors.  I think the key is accepting the selector that Dreamweaver creates and not giving them cute names. Onward - now to jQuery...I may be back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brushwipe  wrote

My thanks to all who replied.  I managed to get it working. Trouble is the curve for me is quite steep but what the hell.  I am left with sorting out a load of irrelevant selectors.  I think the key is accepting the selector that Dreamweaver creates and not giving them cute names. Onward - now to jQuery...I may be back!

Hey buddy you don't want to waste your time messing around with all that tricky coding, there are far better things you 'code' be doing, like eating ice-cream, a bag of your favorite crisps, a nice glass of wine (only if youre old enough though).

I have the perfect solution for someone like youself, an extension to the rescue.

I think these guys may have everything you require my friend:

Responsive Web Design Extensions, Apps, Add-ons and Plugins for Dreamweaver

https://www.dmxzone.com/

Seriously though get stuck into the coding you will learn a lot more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Muse.  I'm quite good at that so I thought a challenge, just to keep the little grey cells active, would be just the ticket for a geriatric. As from today, I am an 82-year-old unretired designer. (my birthday is today - don't bother with a card thanks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

brushwipe  wrote

I use Adobe Muse.  I'm quite good at that so I thought a challenge, just to keep the little grey cells active, would be just the ticket for a geriatric. As from today, I am an 82-year-old unretired designer. (my birthday is today - don't bother with a card thanks!)

Good for you, mental agility is an excellent form of exercise, you certainly don't do any of that using an extension. Happy Birthday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did you try using the W3C validator?

How to optimize and debug code in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy & paste the Media Query code into a Web Forum reply?  It might be something as simple as a missing semi-colon ; or set of curly braces { } in your CSS code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines