Highlighted

Turn Off Rich Tooltips in DW

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An angel from heaven told us how to turn them off in Photoshop but there's no "Tools" section in DW's Preferences.

Please help. Dear God, make it stop.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

I think they're talking about the animated New Features Guides that pop up on a bunch of items during first use after a new install. Currently, we can only reset them from the preferences panel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turn Off Rich Tooltips in DW

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An angel from heaven told us how to turn them off in Photoshop but there's no "Tools" section in DW's Preferences.

Please help. Dear God, make it stop.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

I think they're talking about the animated New Features Guides that pop up on a bunch of items during first use after a new install. Currently, we can only reset them from the preferences panel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about code hints?  Or which "Rich Tooltips" are you referring to?

DWtagHints.png

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 2
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with it being under a different name/tab/whatever than Photoshop, I really should have been able to spot "New Feature Guides"! Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait ... all it has are instructions that say you have to put up with it and click each one as they pop up! That's ... horrible!

This is soul-crushing. For years I told my students Dreamweaver was the gold standard ... now I use it less and less and there's a whole stack of editors above it on the list and this is yet another reason NOT to use it.

Adobe, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow. What's next? Killing younglings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jays55219621  wrote

Adobe, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow. What's next? Killing younglings?

Something tells me you have been watching star wars

I'm not saying Adobe will listen to your complaints, (or any suggestions you make) but maybe if enough people say what is wrong they may decide to listen. In the past Dw users have been split into designers and coders, both with different requirements, maybe just saying what you think is missing or wrong with Dw now, (even just in this forum) will at some point change the direction Dw is going, (even if you are are designer ).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'know, I would normally chime in and lash out at all the things Adobe does that really irk not just myself but most of the users of Adobe products.. but I'm so sick and tired of doing that.. it's just become the new 'norm', at this point.

Unlike pziecina​, I have lost hope that Adobe will ever actually listen to anything users ask for.  (This is part of the reason why I turned down the offer to become an ACP.)

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
pziecina LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  wrote

Unlike pziecina , I have lost hope that Adobe will ever actually listen to anything users ask for.  (This is part of the reason why I turned down the offer to become an ACP.)

It was also part of the reason I asked to be removed from being an ACP.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, but no, Jon Fritz II got it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0