• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected Behavior

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In editing in Design View, I'm getting some unexpected behavior. If you look at the screenshot, you can see that I have highlighted two words so I can edit them by overwriting them (I wanted to replace You have with How's the. But as soon as I begin to type the new word, that New CSS Rule window opens. Any idea why that's happening? I should add that this only happens when I highlight words to replace them. I can add words without the window opening.

Thanks

Alan

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 12.38.49 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Submit Bug reports directly to developers from your DW Help Menu.  Provide your system information, the work file and repeatable steps to produce the problem.

CC-submitBug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is pretty weird. I don't think I've seen that one before.

Have you tried restoring preferences yet?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon

Did the reset but it's still happening. It's making editing very tiresome having to close that window three times each time it opens.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen every time you highlight text and try to replace it with something else, or only when hitting the Shift + H in the word "How"?

Have you done a full restart of your system after restoring prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon

No I haven't. Let me try that.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my laptop seems to have fixed the issue—for a while. I finished editing one document then opened another and the problem is back. GRRRR

Thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I closed that document and opened another to edit and I didn't encounter any problems. I need to check further, but it seems that the issue is document specific.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall ever running into this issue before, but there are a lot of DW's features that require the code of the document to be valid, in order to function correctly.

Run that document through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu and see if there are any errors. It's possible, if there are a few, that cleaning them up could bring DW back in line with that document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and fixed most of the errors and that issue never arose again for that document. But what I don't understand, is that all my documents had code errors but that issue has never arisen before. I am now editing another document that has code errors and its not exhibiting that same issue. So it's random. I don't know if it's a code error. If it is, then it must be a specific code error.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code errors of any kind are never a good thing and should be avoided. 

Problems that are consistently repeatable in ALL files and ALL sites, are likely to be a program bug or corrupted Preferences File. 

Problems specific to one document are almost always code related.  Or the document itself is corrupted in some way.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

I hear what you're telling me, but this has only just started a month ago and I've been using DW for three years now. I have a suspicion that a latest release has caused this. How can I contact DW techs?
Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit Bug reports directly to developers from your DW Help Menu.  Provide your system information, the work file and repeatable steps to produce the problem.

CC-submitBug.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines