• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using 20.2 is so sloooooooow

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is so slow it almost unusable. lag lag lag on a simple page. every change in any txt takes 3-4 seconds.  is there a fix for this? otherwise, I need to cancel my subscription and find another program. I have always liked DW but it's taking me way to much time to just do simple HTML. HELP!!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Sorry for issues with new update. Can you please try below steps and let us know if it resolves your issue:

1: Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache.
   In Edit > Preferences (Win) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Mac) -> Code Hints, deselect Enable Code Hints.
   Also try to disable On Edit Linting, click Edit > Preferences (Win) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Mac).
   In the category list, click Linting, select checkbox disable On edit linting and click Apply.

rsing_1_0-1594230249153.png

2: Restart the Computer
3: If you are using GIT , please try below resolution steps as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/adobe-dreamweaver-cc-is-super-slow/m-p/11244328?cid=101&c...

Also please provide below details in order to reproduce this issue at our end so that we can provide a fix:
1. Platorm and version i.e win or mac
2. Size and type of file which you are using. Is it happening for all files or any specific file
3. Activity Monitor(Mac) or Task Manager(Win) screenshot to see if any process is causing delay.

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried that and it does not help. also tried to delete the cache file from C:\***\***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\en_US\Configuration

I also think it's insane that I must disable parts of the program to get the program to work.

I am using an i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6GHZ

12GB RAM  on 64 bit Win 10

My sites are tiny < 20Kb of html with CSS and JS

sorry if my frustration comes out in this post, not upset with you personally just pulling my hair out here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 20.1 without any problems on an aging Win10 workstation.

I recommend you revert to a previous version.   Post back if you need help with that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy!   I am trying to do that but it says that 20.2 will be uninstalled and settings lost. I assume this is just preferences in the program or will all my server information need to be set up again?  thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you previously sync settings to the Creative Cloud?  If yes, you can import synced settings to your version of DW.   See screenshot from Preferences panel.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

We have addressed the slow typing issue in code view on win, in our latest DW21.0 build 21.0.0.15392 which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please update the Dreamweaver version to 21.0 and see if the issue is resolved for you.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
unfortunately got the same issue with the newest version as well (just reinstalled to double-check). Deleting the registry-folder didn't change anything. 
Got information about when this started? So to which version I should go back?

Greeting and thanks for the effort of fixing it,
Jana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Know this is an old thread, but I'm a graphic designer that occasionally uses DW, so I have older versions installed 2020 and 2021.  Anyway, I had the same issue described here and the occasional registry clear did the job.  BUT, since I disabled "Reopen documents at startup" in Preferences/General the temp list seems cleaner.  Not 100% sure it's made a difference but maybe the recent files are cached to some degree.  Anyway, wanted to share in case it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines