• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add-On does not appear in program (TK Panel v4 / PS CC 2015)

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CC 2015 yesterday and also purchased the TK Panel v4 via the add on page.

After installing the add on in the online manager and previously having installed the new the CC Desktop app version 2.1.3.121 (the newest as of yesterday), it simply does not appear in the extension menu.

I already tried the troubleshooting pdf by Tony Kuyper sent me, but it didn't help. My guess is that something with my creative cloud app doesn't work - namely the sync.

The other clue I'm having is that I might have had Photoshop open while I purchased the Panel and first installed it. However I would assume that a reinstall of Photoshop and the panel would resolve the problem. However it did not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

I think that there may indeed be a file-synching issue.  I've Skyped with three people that have had this issue and none were seeing any activity from the AddOns website in the activity stream in the HOME tab of the CC desktop app as we attempted to Add and Remove TKActions V4 via the AddOns website.  However, for all these folks, updating/reinstalling a previous version of their Photoshop application did result in a statement in the activity stream that the update had occurred.  So the CC deskt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image that Nicolas posted in response 20 may appear the first time the panel opens if the style sheet and javascript libraries didn't load properly.  Simply closing the panel and reopening it should cause them to load and display properly, and they should persist displaying properly from then on.  (Note:  If you have a bootleg copy of Photoshop, this procedure might not work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on different systems Win7 64bii and Win 10.
Tony, it's time to do something!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony Kuyper, here.  I'm sorry to hear you are having problems, mariank84116583mariank84116583.  Please understand that installation of extension panels from Adobe Add-ons is NOT controlled by the panel itself.  Adobe's website working with your Creative Cloud desktop app controls the installation process.  I've been in contact with Adobe about these installation issues.  They've offered no plausible explanation as to why Add-ons fail to install extensions on some computers (even the free Add-ons panels) and claim they cannot replicate the problem. 

Regardless of Adobe's Add-ons installation issues, I can always get the panel to work if people contact me for assistance.  There is a contact link on my website http://goodlight.us/contact.html.  To the best of my knowledge, the panel works 100% of the time once properly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Tony .

Following your instructions , the panel is working perfectly .

A spectacular work that you've done with the panel.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked out for me. Thanks so much AnthonyK for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, this appears to be primarily an issue on Mac computers running Yosemite.  It might be helpful for Adobe if people would list their computer system (Mac or Windows) and operating system to give the engineers more information on how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FWIW column, I was able to figure out from another discussion that the correct filepath to the unwanted extension is Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>CEP>extensions.

I was able to delete the unwanted extension and start Photoshop CC (2015). Clicking Window>Extensions shows that the unwanted extension is no longer there.

On a Mac Pro (late 2013) running OS X 10.10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...

Macbook pro

OSX Yosemite 10.10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound like a weird thing to try, but in the past, Mac owners have had a problem installing extension panels using ZXP files and Extension Manager in that the progress bar or spinning wheel would simply stall and not progress.  Usually extension panels should install in seconds, but for some Mac owners it looked like installation got stuck and would not occur.  The solution for these folks was to just wait.  Let the computer run, but just wait.  I had this problem yesterday using Extension Manager and some ZXP files and it took 10 minutes for Extension Manager to install the extension panel, but it worked . . . eventually.  I'm wondering if a similar thing is happening with the Add-Ons website and some Mac computers:  that is, on some Macs, installation is protracted and it just takes a long time to finish from the Add-Ons website.  If you do try this waiting thing, give it at least 20-30 minutes for the panel to install from Add-Ons  I'd be interested to hear if waiting works or doesn't work for anyone.  It's purely a guess at this point but at least worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a similar problem. I'm using PS CC2015 and have recently purchased the  TK Panel V4. When I try and turn sync on in the CC app a bubble pops up saying "Creative Cloud Server Error - sync stopped". Does any body know what this is about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pourbeik--That actually sounds like a different problem.  You might want to start a separate thread with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I had the same issue with an add-on not downloading/installing on the Mac (Mac OS X 10.10.4)

My solution was somwhat different to what’s been described in this thread. It worked well for me and I have no further issues.

Here it goes:

1) Make sure You're on the Adobe website Add-ons page and logged in.

2) Log Yourself into the Creative Cloud desktop app with Your Adobe ID.

3) Close Photoshop CC 2015 (but leave it installed on Your system).

Creative Cloud installs a 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in the home directory of the Mac (for example: Macintosh HD/Users/YOUR NAME/Creative Cloud Files/)

This folder is used to synch Your files with the Cloud.

During the Creative Cloud installation a default folder is automatically selected in the 'Preferences-Creative Cloud-Files' section of the Creative Cloud desktop app. That’s already happened if You’ve got the Creative Cloud desktop app installed.

I needed to re-establish the file path to the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder by going through the Creative Cloud desktop app 'Preferences-Creative Cloud-Files-Folder Location’ dropdown menu, selecting ‘Other’ and then finding the relevant ‘Creative Cloud Files’ folder.

In my case the path was ‘Macintosh HD/Users/MY NAME/Creative Cloud Files’.

For people with several Adobe IDs (I have one from New Zealand and one from Germany for example) there could be several ‘Creative Cloud Files’ folders (possibly showing email identifieres as part of the folder names).

Select the folder that is associated with Your Adobe ID to which You want to install the add-on. In my case it was simply the ‘Creative Cloud Files’ folder (without any email identifier).

You should now be able to install the add-on, if Your issue is the same as mine was.

In my case no .zip files showed up in the ‘Download’ folder or the ‘Creative Cloud Files’ folder.

The add-on installed in the usual places in the Mac Library and runs without a hitch.

As always, no guarantees and good luck.

Arno Wirtz

Web: www.arnowirtz.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem in the file XManConfig.xml (Extension Manager). There's a list of supported versions of the Extension Manager and directory paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For users who continue to experience installation difficulties for this add-on or any others, please follow the instructions below to generate log files and send them to us along with the ExMan.db file, which together will help us to diagnose what’s going wrong.

Users experiencing installation problems should generate log files as follows:

1. Create a file called 'ExManCoreLibLog.YES' and place it in the following location:

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log\ExManCoreLibLog.YES

MAC: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/ExManCoreLibLog.YES

2. Then create a file named 'ExManLog.YES' and place it at:

WIN: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC\ExManLog.YES

MAC: /Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/ExManLog.YES

3. The logs files are generated and saved in the following location:

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log

MAC: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log

ExMan.db files:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Configuration\DB\ExMan.db (Windows)

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Configuration/DB/ExMan.db (MAC)

The email address to forward the files to is avetting@adobe.com

Regards,

Krystal - Add-ons team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us idiots that can't follow the gibberish that we're supposed to do to send the error log or whatever the heck it is to you please sort this out asap as I've just spent £24 on Tony's Luminosity masks and wish I hadn't bothered.

I can use a DSLR, I can use PS & LR and I can even find my way around MS Word and an Excel spreadsheet but if you want ordinary people to understand the above instructions please put in more steps, preferably with words of one syllable... or less.

Getting quite cross...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got this tk panel v4 installed in my Win 8.1 laptop. I uninstalled everything adobe stuff. Reinstall cc2015 and older version cc2014 both. Install tk4 with adobe extension manager in cc2014 and then i open cc2014  ,it work .When it work on cc2014 it started to work with 2015 too.. Very tricky s**t.. Almost got nervous breakdown with this app Hope this helps someone with same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola a todos, tenia el mismo problema y en otro foro ppalludan comento de intentar instalar las tk actions con el programa zxpinstaller, yo lo he hecho y me ha funcionado. Descargais el archivo desde la add ons utilizando el otro metodo( en vez de la instalacion directa), y ese archivo .zxp lo instalais con el programa. Un saludo. photohop cc 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I too have had an issue, but I just havn't had time to research it much or try any of the suggestions presented as of yet. I would however like to share that I installed the panel on Sunday, via the normal creative cloud add-in procedure and it worked fine all day. I left Ps and the image that I was working on open and walked away from the computer until this evening (Tuesday) and now the panel has just disappeared. something happened between these times that messed something up. My activity list on my CC panel shows that it was installed on Sunday and that a "general error" happened sometime after. Hopefully someone at Adobe will find this information helpful in tracking down this issue.

WIndows 7, Ps 2015

And by the way Tony, loved the new panel !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did upload a patch on Sunday to the TKActions V4 panel and it was approved and published by Adobe on Monday morning.  Adobe's Add-Ons website will automatically install this on computers signed into the Creative Cloud who have purchased this extension, provided that the Add-Ons website installed the panel to begin with. 

Add-Ons cannot install the update when an Adobe application is open, which sounds like that might have occurred in this case since Photoshop was continuously open.

To install the newest version of the panel, what you should do is close all Adobe programs and reboot your computer.  Then complete a Remove/Install cycle using the buttons in the "My Add-ons" section of the Adobe Add-Ons website. This should install the latest version of the TKActions V4 panel (version 1.0.2).  I've also received a report that it might be necessary to log out and log back in to the Creative Cloud desktop app to re-establish a working relationship with the Add-Ons website.

If you have problems, contact me at http://goodlight.us/contact.html and I will continue to try and help you.

NOTE:  There will be periodic updates to the V4 panel as problems are brought to my attention and fixed and as new features are added.  While the Adobe Add-Ons website certainly still has some problems, the ability to continuously upgrade the panel will hopefully provide some benefit to CC users.  We'll see how it goes.  This recent update is actually the second one I've sent out and so far they seem to usually go smoothly. You can check the version number for the panel in the upper right corner of the Web-Sharpening section of the Actions tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi Anthony, first I would like to thank you for being such an active participant in this forum, it's quite refreshing to see a developer so passionate about creating a pleasant end user experience. I got home this evening after dodging forest fires in Eastern Washington and took your advice, I uninstalled the panel via CC and the signed out of everything, rebooted, signed back into CC and reinstalled your panel and now it works fine. I am a little suspicious that perhaps the issue was with a server on Adobe's side but regardless it's working fine now. Thank you again for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced a "disappearance" of the TKActions V4 Panel on my laptop computer. I am running OS X 10.10.5 on a 2015 MacBook Pro laptop computer.

I have gone to the My Add-ons panel and Removed and Installed the TKActions V4Panel Add-on.

I have also signed out and back in to Creative Cloud.

I'm running Photoshop CC (2015) v2015.0.1.

When I click on Window>Extensions the TKActions V4 Panel is not there.

The panel is there and working fine on my desktop computer.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem again when trying to update to the new panel version. It doesn't sync with my Photoshop so I am stuck without the new update. Neither logging out and back in nor re-installing the add-on did help. I must say that this issue is really starting to annoy me.

Is there any way to make sure the cloud syncs fine without having to spend up to 45 minutes via the extension manager route I took the last time? I know this is a general problem and not only related to the TK Panel, but I am asking here simply because it was already discussed in depth in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al no poder instalarlo con el add ons, yo lo instale con un programa,

ZXPinstaller.

Espero te sirva.

Un saludo

2015-11-05 13:03 GMT+01:00 Nicolas Alexander Otto <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

:

Add-On does not appear in program (TK Panel v4 / PS CC 2015) created by Nicolas

Alexander Otto <https://forums.adobe.com/people/NicolasAlexanderOtto>

in Add-Ons - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8144446#8144446>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it stands right now I have installed and un installed not only the panel but also the cloud including the extension manager, nothing has worked. I have tried letting Adobe install and also the manual install but neither works. Have all updates for Adobe PS CC 2015 but still to no avail. What I am curious about is if any that have had success are running the new Windows 10. Mine is a brand new clean install with latest Photoshop and other plugins. All other plugins work fine and other action Panel works fine.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanking all in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the same with me. Also newest software and Windows 10. Also tried everything without success.

A few days later it suddenly installed over the Creative Cloud without that I did something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines