• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install 3rd party extension - 501 error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install a 3rd party extension, MagicPicker6.zxp, for Photoshop CC 2017 on my Mac OS 10.12.5. I followed this command line instructions: Install add-ons and extensions for Adobe apps

Adobe's error code page said my -501 error means "Installation failed, could not update database. Solution: Contact the Adobe Exchange Online Forum for assistance.

How can I install this extension?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hi Robert,

This extension is not from Adobe Exchange. You should:

1. Install Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform , then see if it will instal with that utility.

2. If the above does not work contact Anastasiy, who is the develop of this product.

I've contacted Anastasiy requesting that he put his products on Adobe Exchange.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, certainly not the Exchange staff, will likely be unable to help you. Try contacting the extension's developer and see if he or she has a solution. The best course of action would be to install a third-party extension manager and install the plug-in yourself. Perhaps Adobe will come to its senses and re-release a working Extension Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

Thanks for the helpful comments, we offer telephone and email support for Adobe Exchange, but as I'm sure you checked, this product is not on Adobe Exchange so I have suggested the best path forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jonathan+Ferman  wrote

Hi Al,

Thanks for the helpful comments, we offer telephone and email support for Adobe Exchange, but as I'm sure you checked, this product is not on Adobe Exchange so I have suggested the best path forward.

I've tried it. Doesn't seem to work, Jonathan. As you know, we have put a couple of extensions on the Exchange. The results have been spotty. Very few sales. Installation often does not work. This is what we've found, unfortunately, to be true with a lot of extensions. The solution is simple. Offer an Extension Manager. It's not rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

This extension is not from Adobe Exchange. You should:

1. Install Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform , then see if it will instal with that utility.

2. If the above does not work contact Anastasiy, who is the develop of this product.

I've contacted Anastasiy requesting that he put his products on Adobe Exchange.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only works if the program is already installed

Not during intslling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This only works if the program is already installed

Not hile you are installing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines